Door panels are messed up, how fix?

Participant count
  • Participant list

xmakeafistx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Kenosha, WI
Sometimes it seems that all I hear when I play music loud is my door panels flexing, this is due to some of the clips breaking, they are little circular things that snap the door panel to the door itself. The door is also held by several other screws.

But basically what I am trying to ask is there anyway that I can decrease this door flex without having to buy new panels? New panels are like 600 something dollars and that would not even be worth it. Is there anyway I can just buy the door hardware itself? or any kind of deadening I could use?

Autozone napa dealer many auto body shops will have them.
Depends on the car type.Some have L shaped clips made into the door panel plastic that snap into the door body.

If it is an older car that has the slip in clips you may be in luck.There are always sheet metal screws. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

DOOR TRIM PANEL RETAINER CLIPS FOR VW JETTA GOLF MK4 | eBay
This is it but shipping is a ****. ugh.

Hopefully I can find it locally. I found a whole door panel for pretty cheap but i'm not sure if he still has the one I want in stock.
You started off talking about $600 door panels, now you dont want to pay 8 bucks because shipping is seven of it? 25 clips will probably cost more than $8 locally tbh.

You started off talking about $600 door panels, now you dont want to pay 8 bucks because shipping is seven of it? 25 clips will probably cost more than $8 locally tbh.
Hey man, looking for the best options lol.

I don't mind paying 8 dollars but it I can pay less why not?

Also after looking through junk yards ive learned the door panels are much cheaper than what I was looking at. Thanks all. This is all saving me tons of money.

Only need to replace on panel my drivers side one is kinda broken in general haha.. But these clips should help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.