New build going poorly...need advice

Those FU300 subs like a lot of power. I had one running off 500 watts rms in a ported box and it sounded dam good and easily took the power well. If I were you i’d put two of those on a 1000 watt amp.
popwar tried to talk me into 1 on 1k lol.. may try 1 in my small box someday @2ohm 900rms..

Not sure what you're using for cable now, but you should not need upgraded electrical system to run 1000W class D amp on your subs.
Running 4 awg to distribution block them steps down to 8 awg...havent done the big 3 yet looking to step up to 1000-1200 watt rms or somewhere theteabouts

Running 4 awg to distribution block them steps down to 8 awg...havent done the big 3 yet looking to step up to 1000-1200 watt rms or somewhere theteabouts

#8 cable is too small. Bump that to #4 into the amp and you should be OK unless your car has a very weak charging system and you're really going hard on things all the time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.