General Advice regarding speaker layout and parts

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum, so bear with me if I make any mistakes here. I have always wanted to learn about audio equipment, how speakers work etc. and I am finally doing it now during the summer. I've done my fair share of research on the topic but as always, a lot more can still be learned.

Anyway, I am soon buying a Ford Bronco, probably a 94-96 model, and I am wondering what you guys recommend in terms of speaker layout?

I know I will be taking everything out of the truck first and sound dampening the interior in order for cancelling out as much noise as possible. Then, I'd like to upgrade the stock audio system.

The car comes with two 6.5" speakers on the front two doors and two 6x9" speakers for the back seats.

I am willing to throw up to $1000-1200 in to this system, I like good sounding music. I will probably be playing most songs at 320kbs or FLAC if available through a 24bit 192kHz audio card from a Raspberry pi.

I listen to metal and country mostly, so while I want a good thumping bass for those fast metal songs, to really feel the drums, I also want the nice mid-range, including clear and crips guitars and vocals.

So my plan, as it currently stands, is to replace the stock (6.5" and 6x9") speakers with the Rockford Fosgate Punch ones, buy the 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D4 or P3D2 subwoofer (I will decide based on the output impedance of the amplifier).

However, I feel like with just 6.5" and 6x9" speakers, I won't have that powerful "punch" I'm looking for, so I am considering grabbing two more 8" Rockford Punch speakers to mount somewhere. I am thinking of mounting them in the two compartment holes in the back (I uploaded some pics below).

I have not yet decided on amplifiers since I'm not sure these are even the speakers I will be buying.

Thanks for any help!

-BND

Setup in mind: (let me know if link doesn't work)

ns4SCy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.