New build going poorly...need advice

I checked the final impedance at clips in back of box with multi-meter...reading was 3.5 or somewhere thereabouts...is this the correct way to check final impedance or have I mistakenly wired to a lower impedance?

Actually if I like them I was thinking of running 3 of them...however I would really like to get the 2 going first to see how I like fu's[/quote well not gonna run 3 off that amp with any power anyway.. have to wire 8ohm each give u about a 3 ohm load something like 300rms total so thats out.. if u were gonna run 3 u shoulda got 3 for $150 but u would really need d2's with a 1 ohm stable amp to get any power.. best u can do with that amp is get a single ported box and power 1 with about 400rms at 2 ohm (keep in mind peeps run 600rms each to these)

I checked the final impedance at clips in back of box with multi-meter...reading was 3.5 or somewhere thereabouts...is this the correct way to check final impedance or have I mistakenly wired to a lower impedance?
That's 4 ohms for all practical purposes.

Old class A/B amps get hot if you push them. I'd also suggest looking into a modern 1 ohm stable class D. Should be some 1000W options in the 100$ price range.

That's 4 ohms for all practical purposes.
Old class A/B amps get hot if you push them. I'd also suggest looking into a modern 1 ohm stable class D. Should be some 1000W options in the 100$ price range.
What would you suggest to push 3...and what price range?

well see d4 makes it tad harder if u wire each to 2 ohm u would be at .66ohm and that would take a more expensive amp.. honestly if u get a 1k amp for 2 of them in a good ported box tuned around 35hz (after sub, port and wood displacement) even just 1.75cf ad per sub i think u would be suprised how loud they get guy did 144 on a boss amp with those...

audiopipe apmi 2000. Just lower the gain and you should have squeeky clean power. No you are not overpowering them you control the amount of power sent to them directly via gain control. Bigger amp barely lifting a finger to make power will keep ice cold, efficient with zero distortion/clipping with a lot of output vs a tiny overworked amp like your amp trying to put out 120% effort which just leads to clipping and distortion which is bad for the amp, sub and vehicle electrical system and its not even that loud.

If low price is your primary concern, this seems to be the latest "budget gem" being discussed around here:

If you want to get a little more spendy, JBL or Kicker should be fairly priced and function as advertised (you can often find JBL refurbs direct from Harmon International on eBay). Or scoop up a nice refurb from someplace like this: https://theamplab.net/amplifiers/

I was pushing it hard at first...butt turned gain way down and tried lower volume levels still had the issue...of course it was already pretty hot...what impedance should i wire it to?
I realize I'm not 1ohm stable...butt I should be 2ohm stable correct?

heh, there is only 1 t in the version of but that youre wanting to use in both of these sentences

Those FU300 subs like a lot of power. I had one running off 500 watts rms in a ported box and it sounded dam good and easily took the power well. If I were you i’d put two of those on a 1000 watt amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.