!!!New Build! 12 12"s!!!!

If you want hair tricks, do a bandpass wall. A 4th order with a huge front chamber would stomp a bass reflex wall. Or a 3 chambered 6th order BP.
to complex id rather just do an clamshell much more easier and muchhhhhhh more forgiving. id rather get it right the first time, ive never did an bandpass

If you want hair tricks, do a bandpass wall. A 4th order with a huge front chamber would stomp a bass reflex wall. Or a 3 chambered 6th order BP.
sounds intersting tho! anyone who can help with an 4th order bandpass?

lol cool. well mark potts had 2 12's in an wall sort of like an clamshell, nobody was laughing when he posted those numbers he did, so why should i get off the net if i did say 2 12"s lol?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:laugh:
If you do 2 12"s in a wall, in a Tahoe, you should kill yourself.

Mark Potts can go ahead and kill himself too.

Gud luck on the bildd. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

If you do 2 12"s in a wall, in a Tahoe, you should kill yourself.
Mark Potts can go ahead and kill himself too.

Gud luck on the bildd. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

It depends on the power you are using but maybe 1-1.5 cubes per sub sealed, then make the front chamber as big as possible. Change the tuning of the front chamber by adding port area to the wall, not depth. Keep adding to the port wall to where you like how it sounds. It might be hard to have an even loading wall for all 12 subs so just add port to both sides of the wall to where you like. It will be more efficient than a ported wall and it'll play upper teens and the lower 20 hz a lot better, if that's still what you're after.

It depends on the power you are using but maybe 1-1.5 cubes per sub sealed, then make the front chamber as big as possible. Change the tuning of the front chamber by adding port area to the wall, not depth. Keep adding to the port wall to where you like how it sounds. It might be hard to have an even loading wall for all 12 subs so just add port to both sides of the wall to where you like. It will be more efficient than a ported wall and it'll play upper teens and the lower 20 hz a lot better, if that's still what you're after.
i think im going to stick with the ported clamshell unless u can chime in and help from time to time.

and with 4th order bandpasses if the ported chamber is on the small side, it would be less efficent right? if thats the case if i wanted to move all my equipment into an car sort of like what frankie has in his lexus then an bandpass wouldnt fit at all! i think i like the simple ported idea an lot better!

mostly chopped and screwed songs/rap/bass mekanik!
and cubic feet oh man i have noooooooo idea how much space right now i have an 23+cube box in the back of my tahoe and still have room for my amp and batts. so an wall behind the b-pillar man **** lol 40+ cubes!
61+ cubes if u do 36h x 49w x 60 deep

so im going to do 30hz
thats going to be sick

clamshell is actually a form of a bandpass....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

side note...u can do a 4th order with a huge front chamber ( 37 cubes to be exact)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif and the rear will be 11.5 cubes (.95 cubes sealed per sub)

i think a 400quare inch port tuned to 35hz will be enuff to pull off some hair tricks:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.