Infinite Baffle Started Suggestions needed!

hemi4me?
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
OK this might not look like much of a start but it was about 4 hours worth of work. That rear deck is tougher to cut that you might think (16 gauge steel). First off I ordered 2 Image Dynamics 10" ID woofers. I liked these due to the magnet design, they are fairly priced and they don't take major power to drive them (Although I have enough power for 2 IDMAX lol (thats another story)

I ordered a Mmphis Big Belle 13-Mch-1600 to run the 2x10" in the rear deck and the 2x8" in the front doors (amp will be pushing 230x2 bridged for the 8s and 600x1 for the subs - I will have the sub amp gain to less than 1/4 turn I am sure for the sub channel).

We started with a design in the carpeted trim piece back there, and then started on the baffle board (this one will not be used. The real one will be done today, its 1" thick, and it is much larger covering nearly the entire rear deck). We then positioned the subs where I wanted them, and drew the holes into the deck area - bad part is the holes overlapped each other so sealing it will be a pain but we will get it done. Next was fun... Removing the seat belt from the center, and then cutting with a 90 degree with a cut off wheel. We test fit the sub to be sure the look is what I wanted, and I think its what I wanted.

Next we will have to:

1. Make the 1" piece much larger to nearly cover the entire deck.

1a. Cut out the rest of the seat belt holder in the trunk area (**** that thing is thick!)

2. DYNAMAT The F out of the rear deck, inside and trunk side.

3. Cut the holes in the mat for the 10s.

4. Use spray foam and silicone to fill and seal and BOLTS to secure the baffle to the deck.

5. Make the trim cover using the stock piece so the woofers will be seen in the rear deck, and make a new trim cover for the underside of the rear deck, possibly using the stock trim piece.

I didn't do any of the work, but its my idea... If anyone has positive input or how to's, or suggestions I would gladly listen. If you want to flame, just simply go to another post instead!

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

More pics, I got the seat belt thing removed today, and wow the guys that did it had the right tool. A air saw that cut that deck like butter! Nice and sharp, cant believe the other guys used a cut off wheel.

Here is some Dynamat, and I used some spray foam around and under and behind the brake light. Next I am going to try to hammer a couple high spots and then silicone the baffle in, then bolt it, then use something to carpet it. The trim ring will cover almost the entire baffle, so I am not worried about wrapping it perfect, or tucking it. I was thinking of doing a silver fake suede they have at this place here in Phx AZ. Looks like the real thing, feels a lil different and its only like $15 a yard.

I built another baffle, and man, I am hoping I can flatten the deck a lil in the morning with the hammer, it sits up pretty high. At least I have more of a baffle so it will work MUCH BETTER.

Can you guys tell me am I missing something or does this look like a good start?

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

I got some foam today for the under side of the baffle - I am happy I did that, the foam I think will assure me no rattle. I Got the speaker holes cut, and sunk for the sub to be more flush mount.

I am shocked at how stable the baffle is (I am going to try to tighten the bolts a lil more (thank goodness I am married... No way to do this without someone to help!). Then I think I am going to shoot as much spray foam as I can under there, and silicone where possible. The bolts are ok where they are because once the trim is made, they will not be seen.

Then to finish the dynamat under the rear deck (I found some holes when I was drilling the holes from under the in the trunk).

Its getting close... Got the Memphis amp today **** that thing is huge, and pretty!

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

I am still a ways off. But I will still post some pics. I took a step back today. I mounted the board with some foam under it, and also used some spray foam too (this stuff is crazy I love it). Then I realized that the holes were off by 1/2" for the subs to drop in, and the bolts were exposed which looked stupid. So I flushed them down a lil and got the foam off from under there, and redid the entire thing.

I am going to fill and sand the holes, then dynamat the inside of the trunk and then I will start on the trim piece.

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

here are some latest pics. If anyone can help me, I would love some feedback on how to trim this thing correctly. ALSO, if anyone can possibly find me a rear deck trim piece (the carpeted one, like in the pic) CHEAP let me know!

Thanks, let me know what you think!

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.