!!!New Build! 12 12"s!!!!

If you do 2 12"s in a wall, in a Tahoe, you should kill yourself.
Mark Potts can go ahead and kill himself too.

Gud luck on the bildd. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
His truck was loud, he won World Finals by 8 db. Judges climbed inside it to make sure he was legit. That truck was NO joke and could play music full tilt all day.

His truck was loud, he won World Finals by 8 db. Judges climbed inside it to make sure he was legit. That truck was NO joke and could play music full tilt all day.
Mark Potts is a scamming SOB. He charged ridiculous prices for basic boxes and doesn't deliver. I hope he kills himself.

Nevermind hair tricks,12-12's at 30-35 hz should be able to do ***** Tricks. I would def stay above 30hz tune. 30-40hz is pefrect for moving lots of air.

Nevermind hair tricks,12-12's at 30-35 hz should be able to do ***** Tricks. I would def stay above 30hz tune. 30-40hz is pefrect for moving lots of air.
lol thanks guys looks like im doing the clamshell like 80 said i think it is an form of bandpass!

Don't get me wrong, clamshells work great. If you have the space, BP's are waaay more efficient. I don't know why people don't use them more often in walls.

I say exponential ported horn the subs, especially to move a **** ton of air. I don't know if thats the right name for it, but I had my body in this truck and I've never heard anything that loud at 25-35hz playing slowed down music and straight shoveling air.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

24l7sps4.jpg

Of course you wouldnt be at that level, but 2 rows of 3 subs on the top and bottom.....mmmm:veryhapp:

I say exponential ported horn the subs, especially to move a **** ton of air. I don't know if thats the right name for it, but I had my body in this truck and I've never heard anything that loud at 25-35hz playing slowed down music and straight shoveling air.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif
24l7sps4.jpg

Of course you wouldnt be at that level, but 2 rows of 3 subs on the top and bottom.....mmmm:veryhapp:
LOL thats neil barber actually hes the reason im going with 12 12;s i got an chance to hear his truck 2 weeks ago. its been a while since i heard his truck before last week, and GOD it moved some serious air! he was playing "Shawty wanna ride with me" by young buck chopped and screwed!

i talked to neil for an good while. according to him its an regular 28cube ported box tuned 34hz. he burped and 159.1 @ 50hz that day! he has 6 powerbase 4000s running @ 16volts that blazer is AWSOME!

Another thing, if you're not dead set on the CVR's, the Dayton Audio DVC 12" is on sale for 99 a piece at partsexpress. More power handling, more efficient, and more xmax. I got to mess around with one for an HT setup and they are beasts and they don't need large enclosures to play low and loud as some people might assume.

Yeah, that's the only downfall. They don't look like much but they are awesome for the price. You could have four amps and connect 3 subs per amp for a 1.3 ohm load to each amp or 2 amps and connect 6 subs per amp for a .6 ohm load or you could do a combination of parallel and series wiring and have a final 1.3 ohm load to a large amplifier....Anywho, good luck.

Yeah, that's the only downfall. They don't look like much but they are awesome for the price. You could have four amps and connect 3 subs per amp for a 1.3 ohm load to each amp or 2 amps and connect 6 subs per amp for a .6 ohm load or you could do a combination of parallel and series wiring and have a final 1.3 ohm load to a large amplifier....Anywho, good luck.
thanks man looks like im going to stick with the cvrs i think they are good subs and 12 of thm should get goofy loud!

To how many Hz? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Prob to around 32, that way I dont miss anything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.