Need wiring help, over my head

Participant count
  • Participant list

eaby152

I have put system after system in cars all very basic... For Christmas I got 2 dvc mbquart 4 ohm subs and I want to run it on a 2 ohm stable md sound 1200 watt max amp (2channel). Have no idea as far as my options for wiring can anyone help

you can't.

zjxCoZ3.png

your welcome.

Even if I take one sub wire it parallel make it 2 ohms and do the same with the other and don't bridge the subs together? I seriously don't know.

I guess I just need to know if my amp can run 4 ohm bridged, it says it can be bridged and says on it is stable at 2 ohms. The amp is a mdsound md-2692lt 1200 watt max 2 channel

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

What's the diff between stereo and mono what's better

Option 2 still has both subs on one channel
When you bridge you are combing the two channels also running the channels at 2 ohms you are getting the same power as bridged. Just in 2 separate channels So if your 500 watts bridged and or 250 watts x2 at 2 ohms stereo

When you bridge you are combing the two channels also running the channels at 2 ohms you are getting the same power as bridged. Just in 2 separate channels So if your 500 watts bridged and or 250 watts x2 at 2 ohms stereo
I was thinking he meant the amp was 2 ohm stable bridged. Makes sense that its 2 ohm stereo, 4 ohms bridged. My bad

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.