Need some help with a amplifier and speaker setup

Bbean12

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I bought a kenwood KAC-M5024BT amplifier for my motorcycle. It puts out 50w x 4 channel rms and has a max power of 600w. I have 4” mounted towers on my bike that I bought with 4” 45KM44 kickers installed that work at 50w rms and 4-ohms. After about a week one of the speakers blew and I’m confused if I wired something wrong or got too powerful of an amp or too weak of speakers or if the kickers were just bad. I’m new to audio so I’d like to ask a community that knows a thing or two. I’d take recommendations if anyone has any. I wired each speaker to a channel. If any more info is needed please ask

So I bought a kenwood KAC-M5024BT amplifier for my motorcycle. It puts out 50w x 4 channel rms and has a max power of 600w. I have 4” mounted towers on my bike that I bought with 4” 45KM44 kickers installed that work at 50w rms and 4-ohms. After about a week one of the speakers blew and I’m confused if I wired something wrong or got too powerful of an amp or too weak of speakers or if the kickers were just bad. I’m new to audio so I’d like to ask a community that knows a thing or two. I’d take recommendations if anyone has any. I wired each speaker to a channel. If any more info is needed please ask

9/10 you clipped the signal or tried to play too low of a frequency.

Sounds like you clipped them to failure as stated, and prob expected too much out of them. Can you put a 6.5 speaker it its place with a universal pod?

Sounds like you clipped them to failure as stated, and prob expected too much out of them. Can you put a 6.5 speaker it its place with a universal pod?
Judging by everyone’s input I’d assume that is correct. Like I said I adjusted to get some bass out of them and that was probably the wrong move. These speakers need to be played loud to hear anything over my bike. I technically can put 6.5 speakers in there if I bought new towers but I’m also trying to keep it aesthetically pleasing
21E4E244-F54D-4AB4-86DE-F96E61A36F2F.jpeg
A34DB9E9-141B-450B-B7F7-05D5841A0CC6.jpeg

There isnt a whole lot that can be done without a decent sized fairing to house and accomidate decently sized speakers. A friend of mine has a road glide that he has a pair of Polk 6x9s in the fairing and a pair of 6.5s in the storage bins with an NVX mini 4 ch. The 6.5 Polk Marine Coax may be the way to go?

View attachment 41975So I’m on channel 1-2 where should the knob point? Over the 150-100 or 100-80? Filter LF, off, or HF?

Hpf and somewhere in the 100-150 range. You might can go down to 80hz but again 4inch speakers are not designed to produce bass.

You also so ensure that the signal into the amp is clean and distortion free and that the amp is outputting clean distortion free power.

Setting the gain correctly is the single most important part of setting up an amp

Remove sound system and get a good pair of earbuds or add a BT system.
If earbuds, get wired so they can fit under helmet. Get BT adapter for wired headphones.
If not wearing a fullface, learn to love the potato.

It'll sound 32 billion times better than whatever you put on a bike, AND...you'll gain performance with the lighter weight.

Buy some 6 - ½" midbass speakers and run a pair of them. Run them with a pair of 6-½" coaxials and you should be fine. Run one channel of your four channel amp to each speaker.

Remove sound system and get a good pair of earbuds or add a BT system.
If earbuds, get wired so they can fit under helmet. Get BT adapter for wired headphones.
If not wearing a fullface, learn to love the potato.

It'll sound 32 billion times better than whatever you put on a bike, AND...you'll gain performance with the lighter weight.
I had a bike previously that had a cheap 120$ boss audio system on it and I believe the speakers were only 3”. I have a hard time believing that this system I have here won’t satisfy me if I can get it working correctly. I don’t like headphones while riding. I did that when I started and it wasn’t worth it. I think it’s also worth noting I don’t need the volume all the way up like a street glide to hear around the block. I like listening to music in traffic or cruising around at 35mph with low wind noise. Again my speaker just blew and if I can configure it to not blow I’ll be stoked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...