Good Budget Amps

Mrcrazy

CarAudio.com Newbie
US
I got a 12" sub that I'm putting in my truck, and 'm having trouble finding information on budget amps so I came here to ask. I'm looking for something that's $100-$200, preferably on the lower end. I've been looking at the JBL A6002 and A3001 but I haven't been able to find very many reviews on them so I'm not sure if they're good or not. I don't plan on playing it super loud, just want more/better bass in my truck so I don't need anything super powerful. Any advice?

I got a 12" sub that I'm putting in my truck, and 'm having trouble finding information on budget amps so I came here to ask. I'm looking for something that's $100-$200, preferably on the lower end. I've been looking at the JBL A6002 and A3001 but I haven't been able to find very many reviews on them so I'm not sure if they're good or not. I don't plan on playing it super loud, just want more/better bass in my truck so I don't need anything super powerful. Any advice?
Check out audio legion. They have a sale on the amps that they have left in stock.

All the dyno vids I seen show them making rated power...and I haven't found many complaints about the AL amps either...if they had somethingrated 3k or better i wouldn’t hesitate to buy one...I got some of their 12's and they're built better then I was expecting...

All the dyno vids I seen show them making rated power...and I haven't found many complaints about the AL amps either...if they had somethingrated 3k or better i wouldn’t hesitate to buy one...I got some of their 12's and they're built better then I was expecting...
Those are good prices, but it's way more power than I need and the JBL amps have a lot more features/controls than the AL amps, so is there any reason you wouldn't go with JBL other than the lower power?

Browse your local classifieds for second hand stuff, should be able to find a crazy bargain for a small amp like that, 150 to 200w for that old home theater sub. Don’t forget about impedance, make sure you know the subs impedance so the amp you get can give it proper power. Example, if you buy a 200w 2-ohm amp, but the sub is 4-ohm, it’s only ever going to be getting 100w, if it is an 8-ohm sub, even less.

Last edited:
I've always had good luck with Harman International lineup (JBL/Infinity/Crown/Harmon). They will be of good build quality and perform as advertised.

If you're not quite experienced in all of this stuff I'd highly suggest NOT buying anything larger than the rated power of your subwoofer. That can get to be an expensive learning curve trying to figure out how much more than rated power a loudspeaker will handle before failure. Really even if you stick to matching rated to rated you should ease into things and be mindful of warning signs (warm cone, smells, or mechanical noises).

Message Audiobaun about that Alpine amp. He seems like a legit dude on here.

I was gonna recommend a JP8. It puts out strong power and would be strong if/when you ever upgraded your sub (which usually happens).

Message Audiobaun about that Alpine amp. He seems like a legit dude on here.

I was gonna recommend a JP8. It puts out strong power and would be strong if/when you ever upgraded your sub (which usually happens).
Thanks man.. Ive been in this addictive hobby since 84/85 of which shows my age..Ive bought a lot of audio over the years.. Kept quite a bit of it and seemed to have collected quite a few items.Id buy something.. run it for two weeks,a month on up. Id keep buying to try something new. I still really enjoy this hobby. Im sure I will for many more to come.

This is a steal at $89.99

Or this for $129.99

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...