Need some help with a amplifier and speaker setup

I had a bike previously that had a cheap 120$ boss audio system on it and I believe the speakers were only 3”. I have a hard time believing that this system I have here won’t satisfy me if I can get it working correctly. I don’t like headphones while riding. I did that when I started and it wasn’t worth it. I think it’s also worth noting I don’t need the volume all the way up like a street glide to hear around the block. I like listening to music in traffic or cruising around at 35mph with low wind noise. Again my speaker just blew and if I can configure it to not blow I’ll be stoked.

Watch this video to set your gains

And set your crossover between 100-150hz as stated above. And you'll be fine

Watch this video to set your gains

And set your crossover between 100-150hz as stated above. And you'll be fine

I’m such a noob but my amp doesn’t have a gain control knob. These are the only controls it has
867FCAC5-3534-4C83-B07A-ADFACE9C1928.jpeg

I’m such a noob but my amp doesn’t have a gain control knob. These are the only controls it has View attachment 41994
It may not have a gain knob as it's an all in one.

Set the hpf at 100-150hz and try a 40hz test tone. You shouldn't hear the speakers at all. Turn the radio up till you hear any crackling. The point you here cracking/buzzing is the clipping point. The volume number 1 below that point is your max volume before clipping.

Basically the volume knob is the gain. Youay only be able to get 35 out of 40 before it clips or it might be 37/40 or 40/40 we don't know without checking

It may not have a gain knob as it's an all in one.

Set the hpf at 100-150hz and try a 40hz test tone. You shouldn't hear the speakers at all. Turn the radio up till you hear any crackling. The point you here cracking/buzzing is the clipping point. The volume number 1 below that point is your max volume before clipping.

Basically the volume knob is the gain. Youay only be able to get 35 out of 40 before it clips or it might be 37/40 or 40/40 we don't know without checking
Okay so volume is 1-7 and no sound on the 40hz test up until around 4 but it’s such a minor hum it’s not crackling or buzzing until 5-6. So is that the volume limit? My next question is there a better speaker in the 4” category that is able to go higher?

Okay so volume is 1-7 and no sound on the 40hz test up until around 4 but it’s such a minor hum it’s not crackling or buzzing until 5-6. So is that the volume limit? My next question is there a better speaker in the 4” category that is able to go higher?

Toe it sounds like the amp starts clipping at 4 of 7. The hum is likely a very low 40hz tone. That's normal but any higher pitched noise is clipping.

I don't play with 4inch speakers much if at all. They don't do well with mid bass and they **** at high frequency. They are really designed for the 500-7500hz range

Toe it sounds like the amp starts clipping at 4 of 7. The hum is likely a very low 40hz tone. That's normal but any higher pitched noise is clipping.

I don't play with 4inch speakers much if at all. They don't do well with mid bass and they **** at high frequency. They are really designed for the 500-7500hz range
This is all very useful information I’ve gotten thank you!

Remove sound system and get a good pair of earbuds or add a BT system.
If earbuds, get wired so they can fit under helmet. Get BT adapter for wired headphones.
If not wearing a fullface, learn to love the potato.

It'll sound 32 billion times better than whatever you put on a bike, AND...you'll gain performance with the lighter weight.
Deff need your eyes and ears while riding a bike.

You can get something like the Koss KSC35s that are open back and allow you to hear your surroundings.
Hmm. Maybe so. Ive never been more alert driving/riding than being on a Cycle man. Several think you just get on and ride away. A good set of goggles and good mirrors and have stay well alert for Pure idiots that dont see you or actually do give two, just due to being a larger ride. Hearing and vision you cant Mess with or compromise with

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...