Need opinion on good 3000+ amp

Very possible. Could be that the jumper wire came loose while installing the sub too.It happens man. Easy enough to check with a DMM also and to make sure he is at the 2ohm load and not @8ohm that will generate higher frequencies through the sub as well

From what I've heard and experienced the SIA line is probably the best full bridge amp on the market. Chines board with Korean parts. I think his amp is perfectly fine. I've been running mine without and it never even gets hot. I'm team no fuse if that matters. And my shitt bangs low. IMO people are sleeping on the SIA line of amps.

Very possible. Could be that the jumper wire came loose while installing the sub too.It happens man. Easy enough to check with a DMM also and to make sure he is at the 2ohm load and not @8ohm that will generate higher frequencies through the sub as well
Well I have a two post terminal cup. My sub has direct leads. I put both the power wires on the positive post and both ground wires on the negative post. Which should be wires in parallel giving me a 2 ohm load, correct?

It happens man. Most of the time in a rush or trying to finish up after a lunch and a few cold ones if one drinks??👀👀:poop:

He blamed it on a dud amp and got a new one. Another friend of mine screwed an SFB3k down and screwed through the remote wire under the carpet. That shitt popped as soon as he turned it on for the first time.

Well I have a two post terminal cup. My sub has direct leads. I put both the power wires on the positive post and both ground wires on the negative post. Which should be wires in parallel giving me a 2 ohm load, correct?
Nope!! That would be incorrect man. Follow the wiring diagram from the12wire.com diagram. You are way out of Phase, no where even close to a 4 ohm load

From what I've heard and experienced the SIA line is probably the best full bridge amp on the market. Chines board with Korean parts. I think his amp is perfectly fine. I've been running mine without and it never even gets hot. I'm team no fuse if that matters. And my shitt bangs low. IMO people are sleeping on the SIA line of amps.
The competition is out there right now on amplifiers and most audio gear. Majority are using the same internals and trying to find the most cost effective way to make a product and gain large amounts of return.

The competition is out there right now on amplifiers and most audio gear. Majority are using the same internals and trying to find the most cost effective way to make a product and gain large amounts of return.

I’ve had so many box design customers tell me about failures or performance disappointments some of these similar and cheaper amps everyone seems to be pumping out, that all seem like the same copy/pasted thing with similar problems. This is obviously a generalized statement. Some people don’t have problems and/or like their amps. I just don’t hear anything negative about hardly any other sub amps, which I’ve always seen as red flag, personally. That’s just literally what I experienced from talking to my customers. I feel like these amps are a fad, now, but I’m not saying they don’t have their place or usefulness.

Nope!! That would be incorrect man. Follow the wiring diagram from the12wire.com diagram. You are way out of Phase, no where even close to a 4 ohm load
Why would the way I wired it be any different than the way the diagram you sent me is? Both positive leads would be connected just like the diagram.same thing with the negative. The leads are 10 gauge I believe and I have a spool of 10 gauge. Would it be best to just solder the leads with some speaker wire and run it thru the port to the amp? Moving that box is a *****. 90 pounds and shaped awkwardly so tryna not take the box out the car

Damping factor is a much bigger concept than just the amp, or maybe the way to say it is that damping extends outside of the amplifier itself.
No it isn't and since you're probably never going to go look it up for yourself or just can't wrap your head around the quote I posted, it's simply the ratio of the output impedance of the amp to the impedance at the speaker terminals.

Now go ahead and tell us which two amps you were comparing with your anecdote, what other variables changed, and how you did this A/B comparison?

Buck won't reply so here goes. They are selling literally 10's if not 100's of thousands of the full bridge amplifiers that there is going to be a % of failures. I don't think that they are selling anywhere near that amount of the big ass expensive Korean surfboard amps. It makes sense to me that we would be hearing more about the failure rate of the full bridge amps. Just like I hear more about transmission problems on Chevy Impala's then Lamborghini's. It's just simple mathematics. That's how I see it.

Buck won't reply so here goes. They are selling literally 10's if not 100's of thousands of the full bridge amplifiers that there is going to be a % of failures. I don't think that they are selling anywhere near that amount of the big ass expensive Korean surfboard amps. It makes sense to me that we would be hearing more about the failure rate of the full bridge amps. Just like I hear more about transmission problems on Chevy Impala's then Lamborghini's. It's just simple mathematics. That's how I see it.
I think we are past the amp debate now guys 😂😂
Idk why my posts are parliaments for debate

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...