Need opinion on good 3000+ amp

So open the crossovers, set the lpf to 80 on the headunit, and set the slope to -24 db

Don't listen to this 🤡. You don't want to use the crossovers on amps because they aren't very easy to set. The low pass on most amps is from 40 hz. to 20Khz. How in the World are you going to only move that dial to set it at 80 hz. That dial contains 19,960 hz. and they expect people to move it 40 hz. That's nearly impossible. That's why people use their HU crossovers or a DSP. Your amp is a quality amp. It is a Chinese board with Korean parts. It's basically a mini SALT board. I bet you a dollar to a doughnut that he doesn't even know that.

And your subwoofer level is turned all the way up on your HU? Take a pic of your amp settings and post it please.
I know that I have them plugged into the rca for the subwoofer because I was messing with the subwoofer line out level. I didn't turn it all the way up tho. I set my gain generically because I was in a rush and then turned it up a little. When I go on break at work I'll set it to it's highest and test again. Here's a video of it moving. I feel like it's moving more than it should be

Attachments

• Snapchat-842075646.mp4
    8.2 MB
I know that I have them plugged into the rca for the subwoofer because I was messing with the subwoofer line out level. I didn't turn it all the way up tho. I set my gain generically because I was in a rush and then turned it up a little. When I go on break at work I'll set it to it's highest and test again. Here's a video of it moving. I feel like it's moving more than it should be

Turn your subwoofer level on your HU to max with your gain on your amp turned off. Then play a bass heavy song and set your gain with the bass knob at 50%. Try setting your gain with this song. 28 - 30 volume on your HU and turn the gain up until you get a slight flicker on the clip light on the bass knob.

Turn your subwoofer level on your HU to max with your gain on your amp turned off. Then play a bass heavy song and set your gain with the bass knob at 50%. Try setting your gain with this song. 28 - 30 volume on your HU and turn the gain up until you get a slight flicker on the clip light on the bass knob.
Ok. Then I guess I shouldn't be too worried about the sub playing higher frequencies? That won't make it bottom out or sound weird will it?

Tried all those and it's still giving me high frequency output. I can see the cone moving with voice and sampling sounds before the bass hits. I have my my low pass open and my high pass just a **** hair above 10hz. Low pass is set to 70 on my head unit and the 24/octave rolloff didn't help

If you’re still getting high frequency output well above 70 hz under those conditions, then your low pass on your head unit you adjusted isn’t for you sub channels. You’ll have to use the crossovers on the amp or get something on the RCA line that has crossovers that are more adjustable.

If you’re still getting high frequency output well above 70 hz under those conditions, then your low pass on your head unit you adjusted isn’t for you sub channels. You’ll have to use the crossovers on the amp or get something on the RCA line that has crossovers that are more adjustable.
Im positive it's the sub pre out. When I turn down the lpf on the subwoofer, I can hear it getting more quite down to 30hz

So I went on my frequency generator and set the frequency to 120 and it was coming thru the sub nice and clear so I went to my amp to check the crossovers and they looked fine. So I turned both the low pass and the high pass to their lowest settings and it did nothing. So I went back to the headunit and set the lpf to 30hz and it made most of the high frequency go away but I could still hear lower male vocals.

Any solutions?
Ok. Then I guess I shouldn't be too worried about the sub playing higher frequencies? That won't make it bottom out or sound weird will it?
Im positive it's the sub pre out. When I turn down the lpf on the subwoofer, I can hear it getting more quite down to 30hz

I see.

How much higher is your sub actually playing? If you set your amp low pass to 70-80 hz, is it still playing very high?

How high is it playing with with LPF @ 30?

I see.

How much higher is your sub actually playing? If you set your amp low pass to 70-80 hz, is it still playing very high?
Yes. I'm not sure exactly how high. At least 120hz. That's the sine wave I was playing while messing with my crossovers

Yes. I'm not sure exactly how high. At least 120hz. That's the sine wave I was playing while messing with my crossovers

With very noticeable cone movement. Not a low hum or anything like that

Something is not right. If that amp has low pass applied at 30 hz from the head unit, if I’m understanding this all correctly, it absolutely should not be playing 120 hz loudly (that’s 4 octaves above). If you’re hearing vocals out of your sub when the sub channels have a LPF set at 30 hz on the radio itself, and it’s all wired correctly, then something is very wrong.

Last edited:
Something is not right. If that amp has low pass applied at 30 hz from the head unit, if I’m understanding this all correctly, it absolutely should not be playing 120 hz loudly (that’s 4 octaves above). If you’re hearing vocals out of your sub when the sub channels have a LPF set at 30 hz on the radio itself, and it’s all wired correctly, then something is very wrong.
That is why I'm very confused. I'll go out there and mess around with the crossovers on the other RCA preouts and see if that changes anything. If not I'll send a video

That is why I'm very confused. I'll go out there and mess around with the crossovers on the other RCA preouts and see if that changes anything. If not I'll send a video

Does turning the low pass in the amp to the lowest Hz have any effect at all? Can you hook phone (headphone to RCA) RCA’s into your sub amp to bypass the radio?

See what I mean?

Attachments

• Snapchat-1348768873.mp4
    20.4 MB
  • Snapchat-1340901570.mp4
    12.7 MB
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...