Need opinion on good 3000+ amp

I’m not there, so I can’t tell for sure, but it seems like the amp is not doing something right, if everything worked before. I would bypass the radio with RCA’s hooked straight to your phone or something, and see if it makes noise (with tones) with your low pass set as low-Hz as possible. What was the low pass set to on your amp when you made that video?

I’m not there, so I can’t tell for sure, but it seems like the amp is not doing something right, if everything worked before. I would bypass the radio with RCA’s hooked straight to your phone or something, and see if it makes noise (with tones) with your low pass set as low-Hz as possible. What was the low pass set to on your amp when you made that video?
Low pass is open

So I turned both the low pass and the high pass to their lowest settings and it did nothing. So I went back to the headunit and set the lpf to 30hz and it made most of the high frequency go away but I could still hear lower male vocals.

Any solutions?

Low pass is open

Does LPF on the amp seem to work? If the radio LPF works but the amp one doesn’t, then that’s something in the amp, it would seem. So if you turn your sub amp’s LPF down to 40 hz and 120 hz is just as loud either way, the amp crossover isn’t working. That’s what I’m trying to convey. Sorry if I’m confusing.

Does LPF on the amp seem to work? If the radio LPF works but the amp one doesn’t, then that’s something in the amp, it would seem. So if you turn your sub amp’s LPF down to 40 hz and 120 hz is just as loud either way, the amp crossover isn’t working. That’s what I’m trying to convey. Sorry if I’m confusing.
I didn't try the amp crossover when I went in my break but I emailed sundown and then did some research I only found like 3 or 4 other people with this issue although they were using different amps. On contacted their manufacturer, shipped to them, they tested it, and sent it back and said it was fine. But the guy tested it and it still didn't work even when he took his loc and headunit out the equation. Hopefully I don't have to send it to Sundown for them to test it and tell me it's fine. Hopefully it's just some error on my part I don't want to have spent $350 on a defective amp

Pic of the amp settings please!
I'm not able to at the moment I'm off my break, but I do remember that I had the low pass set all the way up and the high pass is barely, just barely above it's lowest setting. Those videos were without the sub pre out voltage turned up. When I get off work I'll test it. Gain is at 1/4 with the bass knob at half

I don't see how I've wired it would be an issue. But I've got it wired to 2 ohms
So you have a DVC4 ohm sub then?? Wired like this for the 2 ohm load??Or do you have it wired for the 8ohm load?? You might even have to pull the sub to see if the wiring came loose from the lugs. This happens sometimes when putting a sub in an enclosure. You can take your DMM and check your sub wires to see what final ohm load you have.Id do this with the wiring removed off the amp.You may even have the wiring backwards on the Pos, and Neg from the sub even? Just throwing some shitt out there at ya to check

So you have a DVC4 ohm sub then?? Wired like this for the 2 ohm load??Or do you have it wired for the 8ohm load?? You might even have to pull the sub to see if the wiring came loose from the lugs. This happens sometimes when putting a sub in an enclosure. You can take your DMM and check your sub wires to see what final ohm load you have.Id do this with the wiring removed off the amp.You may even have the wiring backwards on the Pos, and Neg from the sub even? Just throwing some shitt out there at ya to check

I think he's getting a weak subwoofer signal from his HU. He might even have the rca's connected to the wrong HU pre-out.

Id check your sub wiring. I know it blows to pull that heavy joker out of the enclosure and its a PITA, but sometimes we need to do it to rule the sub wiring issues out and move on to the next culprit

I think he's getting a weak subwoofer signal from his HU. He might even have the rca's connected to the wrong HU pre-out.
Very possible. Could be that the jumper wire came loose while installing the sub too.It happens man. Easy enough to check with a DMM also and to make sure he is at the 2ohm load and not @8ohm that will generate higher frequencies through the sub as well

Id check your sub wiring. I know it blows to pull that heavy joker out of the enclosure and its a PITA, but sometimes we need to do it to rule the sub wiring issues out and move on to the next culprit

My buddy blew an Ampere 5K because he didn't check the wiring on the subs and one connection had came loose. It was a loud ass pop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...