Need a single 18" that will be powered by a SAZ-1500D

If you are tuned to 34 hz and playing 14hz like the OP, shits gonna eventually break.
Think I cracked one of my ports :\... Oh and yeah i'll still play below tuning.. who wouldn't want all that box flex :p.. They still hit hard as hell... my muffler screws came off... Not even kitting lol. So not only do my woofers bottom out, so does my car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif and actually after sealing up the box they don't bottom any more.. but man they come close

The sub suspension will eventually loosen up to that point to bottom out again. I get what you are saying its fun but Someone I know keeps tearing the surrounds on the SA10s. LOL

I just wanted to make sure you knew that song was part of the problem. Some people honestly don't know.

More pics of the car and setup?

The sub suspension will eventually loosen up to that point to bottom out again. I get what you are saying its fun but Someone I know keeps tearing the surrounds on the SA10s. LOLI just wanted to make sure you knew that song was part of the problem. Some people honestly don't know.

More pics of the car and setup?
I'll try to find a good place to take some pictures, I don't live in the best neighborhood. So I never bump where I live and I never.. ever.. work on my system any where near my apartment.. Which really freaken ***** when I need to fix stuff. Had to drive down to my buddies house so I could seal up the box

Yeah it has the Sundown logo on it, and its built to have the subs facing up.. Honestly I should apologize, I slapped your name on a used box i'm sure you built a long time ago, and who knows what the previous owner did. But the last thing I want to do is try to pass the blame off, it was neglect on my part that let it get so bad. But I do need a little help actually, today with everything solid...ish.. I popped the trunk and noticed some seriously bad port rattle on the first/lower port. Its extremely loud, holding the top of the port doesn't help, but putting my arm all the way in and grabbing a hold of the bottom stops the rattle completely.. Any advice on whats up?
No problems man. I just hope you didn't pay a lot for it over all, as the price you listed is way over what was charged. I have our pricing listed in my vendor section if you want to compare.

Anyway, for the port it sounds like they maybe coming apart from the abuse of moving so much. This means you would need to glue/tape them back together. They are 3 pieces to each port. Out side flare, inside flare, and the center section.

In all honestly it sounds like you just need to get a new enclosure built for your application and how you play your music. That box will need more bracing and perhaps even new ports.

Yep, sad to see the enclosure go through that. This is why I typically overbuild just about everything we build. The original owner though just didn't have the room or need for it so we agreed to alter the enclosure to work with in his limited requirements.

[quote name='pro-rabbit']No problems man. I just hope you didn't pay a lot for it over all, as the price you listed is way over what was charged. I have our pricing listed in my vendor section if you want to compare.

Anyway, for the port it sounds like they maybe coming apart from the abuse of moving so much. This means you would need to glue/tape them back together. They are 3 pieces to each port. Out side flare, inside flare, and the center section.

In all honestly it sounds like you just need to get a new enclosure built for your application and how you play your music. That box will need more bracing and perhaps even new ports.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xmakeafistx']Christ I've never seen the SA's get that low, no wonder why the box is getting torn apart.

I'm in shock o_O[/QUOTE]

@pro\-rabbit He told me it cost him about $450 dollars new, but total price with the subs was $450 so it was still a good deal. I agree that I need a new box, but I guess i'm stuck deciding of I should get one for 12"s or an 18". You wouldn't happen to know the trunk size of an Audi A4/S4? <-- Trying to find one to buy to replace my LeSabre.. and rabbit I really appreciate you helpfulness with this whole thing.. The port looks like its been epoxied before, i'll take it out and try to figure out whats broken now lol..

@xmakeafistx I gasket taped the subs, and sealed up the box.. They get a little lower now ;) For serious if I can fix the port i'll try to make a video..

[quote name='timma100']@pro\-rabbit He told me it cost him about $450 dollars new, but total price with the subs was $450 so it was still a good deal. I agree that I need a new box, but I guess i'm stuck deciding of I should get one for 12"s or an 18". You wouldn't happen to know the trunk size of an Audi A4/S4? <-- Trying to find one to buy to replace my LeSabre.. and rabbit I really appreciate you helpfulness with this whole thing.. The port looks like its been epoxied before, i'll take it out and try to figure out whats broken now lol..

@xmakeafistx I gasket taped the subs, and sealed up the box.. They get a little lower now ;) For serious if I can fix the port i'll try to make a video..[/QUOTE]

I have done a few things in some Audi's but I don't remember their size limitations. I can pull up some old files to what we did do in them though. As for cost, I don't remember the exact pricing on that enclosure, but I know that it was not that much. More likely was less then half what he claimed, but getting it all together is a nice way to go.

As for deciding on what you want, I would look at a few things. An 18 is a pita to fit in most trunk cars no matter what you do. It can work in many of them, but it is still a pita to design and to actually physically put it into the car. 12's on the other hand are easy to work with because of the multitude of options you have with mounting them and a smaller enclosure. BTW- Personally I wanted to go with a single 6" port, but it would not work in that application.

[quote name='pro-rabbit']I have done a few things in some Audi's but I don't remember their size limitations. I can pull up some old files to what we did do in them though. As for cost, I don't remember the exact pricing on that enclosure, but I know that it was not that much. More likely was less then half what he claimed, but getting it all together is a nice way to go.

As for deciding on what you want, I would look at a few things. An 18 is a pita to fit in most trunk cars no matter what you do. It can work in many of them, but it is still a pita to design and to actually physically put it into the car. 12's on the other hand are easy to work with because of the multitude of options you have with mounting them and a smaller enclosure. BTW- Personally I wanted to go with a single 6" port, but it would not work in that application.[/QUOTE]

I do love the portability of 12's... Might go for a new box and put a pair for Zv3 12s in it.. on a 3500D or something stupid like that.. sounds fun lol. I'll look through your vendor section for pricing on a new box.. I would ask you for a quote but it seems redundant if you have it listed :p Thanks again man, and yeah I heard everywhere that a single 6" Aero @ ~29 Hz sounds sweet, but I dont think the box would even be long enough to accommodate a port like that

Oh and again @xmakeafistx any SA can get that low in a solid ported box (I know mines falling apart) it just takes a sh1tload of power

[quote name='timma100']I do love the portability of 12's... Might go for a new box and put a pair for Zv3 12s in it.. on a 3500D or something stupid like that.. sounds fun lol. I'll look through your vendor section for pricing on a new box.. I would ask you for a quote but it seems redundant if you have it listed :p Thanks again man, and yeah I heard everywhere that a single 6" Aero @ ~29 Hz sounds sweet, but I dont think the box would even be long enough to accommodate a port like that

Oh and again @xmakeafistx any SA can get that low in a solid ported box (I know mines falling apart) it just takes a sh1tload of power[/QUOTE]

Yea the application it was built for the owner demanded that everything be firing up so there was no way to do a single 6". The pricing we have listed in our section is for net ft3 meaning you would need/want an enclosure around 4ft3. Ported pricing is for slot ports mainly, but typically can be adjusted for precision ports as well. They also do not include shipping, but I can get you a quote if you need it. They also come stock with a double baffle, bracing, and all that. Yes, obviously in some cases I went against that for builds like the enclosure you went with, however, we do strongly recommend using proper bracing. Some times our customers just want what they want and we make a judgement call on if we will build it or not lol.

Yea the application it was built for the owner demanded that everything be firing up so there was no way to do a single 6". The pricing we have listed in our section is for net ft3 meaning you would need/want an enclosure around 4ft3. Ported pricing is for slot ports mainly, but typically can be adjusted for precision ports as well. They also do not include shipping, but I can get you a quote if you need it. They also come stock with a double baffle, bracing, and all that. Yes, obviously in some cases I went against that for builds like the enclosure you went with, however, we do strongly recommend using proper bracing. Some times our customers just want what they want and we make a judgement call on if we will build it or not lol.
Sent u a pm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Hopefully tape fixes that port //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Oh also, even with the box sealed up tight... I can still smack the coil :\ must be mucho carefuls

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.