Need a single 18" that will be powered by a SAZ-1500D

bigger screws.
Any thing thats cheap to help seal around the woofers? I was thinking of using gasket tape but that craps expensive //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Gluing the nut to the basket?
No I'm talking about for the ports. For the subs you would use a t-nut or hurricane nut, which is a threaded insert with claws on it to bite it, then you glue those in and I like to take it a step further and put down a layer of weatherstripping around the opening.

This is a t nut:

prong_t_nut.jpg

silicone the port in and use bigger screws in the subs or just turn the subs a lil and make new holes...

u can def damage ur subs with ur box leaking this much...

The port screws ripped out, and the subs are ripping out the screws that hold them down.. And @ Dman, ProRabbit built this box, and yeah, it flexes its *** off :|
I would have to look over who that was for, but iirc correctly it was built for less power and with limited space. I could be wrong though.

The port needs to be screwed down though, it is just flopping around like crazy.

Gains should be good 

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Build by prorabbit, cost 475 new lol.. But I did buy it used.. Oh and the ports and subs unscrew them selves.. constantly, even with lock-tight.. Im running out of options
I don't recall that being a price for an enclosure for 2 12s lol

Ok here are a few suggestions to fix the issues you are having.

Get a wooden dowel or other form for wooden rod/block(2x4) and place it between the ports and screw it in from the bottom and top. Also use tightbond glue to help hold it in place.

Unscrew your ports and rotate them around and make new wholes. If they are coming out on there own they have more then likely been removed or over tightened several times by now.

If you need some more help with any of the issues feel free to hit me up to fix them. Sorry you picked up an enclosure that was built for something different then what you are doing, but with a little adjustments it can be fixed and for cheap.

If the subs are backing out then you can rotate them and make new wholes, but until you fix the requirement of bracing it will happen again. The suggested hurricane or similar nut would work very well too.

So you are tuned to 34hz and you are playing a song with 14hz bass notes full tilt and you wonder why they are bottoming out? The suspension is getting a bit looser and that is normal and wouldn't be an issue if you would use the subsonic filter properly.

That's not even factoring in the loose subs and ports.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.