Can you get louder or spend less than this setup?

jcarver
10+ year member

So I'm tinkering around with a low budget setup and I want to know if someone knows of some options cheaper than what this - or - can get louder (without major SQ sacrifice) for about the same cash.

My goal is loud with reasonable SQ. So lets say 70% Loud and 30% SQ. I don't want to so much say SPL because I want it tuned for music (32 - 35) and I've heard loud subs that were very good for SPL.

My setup idea so far is

1 Audioque HDC315 15" $279

1 Audiopipe AP15001D $146

Thanks all in advance.

Thanks. I cant wait to get this one in and start the build. After its all said and done I will start upgrading the electrical in my car then I'm going to add a second amp and sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/2thumbs.gif.fdc3ba010dbb42b61704534b46d02fe4.gif ... can you say sick lol.

I am debating with myself though on one thing that maybe you all will have an opinion on. The amp I'm looking at is 1500w for $146 - AP15001D. This will run one of those subs well. To run the second in the future I can purchase another one of these amps. But my other option is to purchase the AP30001D. This amp is a two channel at 1500w each channel. It will run the first sub until I get the second but will it be ok without the upgraded electrical? Also its $353 so the net would cost me $61 more to run this one amp over 2 of the others...

I have heard some people say the AQ subs sound decent, others say they are just loud... But I would say that would be a nice set up that would play music and get loud in the right enclosure.

I have heard some people say the AQ subs sound decent, others say they are just loud... But I would say that would be a nice set up that would play music and get loud in the right enclosure.
Personally I never liked the sound of the aq subs or the lack of sq from the ap but it all goes boom I guess.
I haven't heard them yet but from what I read they do go boom and have a medium quality of sound. That works well for me because I listen to mostly rap / dance type music, very little rock or anything that requires quality sound.

i'd get a better amp.prolly a mb if your looking for cheap
I haven't heard of them. I Googled for MB amps and found a company named MB Quart. Do you mean them? They look a little more expense (not much) but wow they look like they got beat to death with an ugly stick. But then again noone cares what it looks like when they realize it sounds better than their system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

For $300, I'd get a pair of Obsidian 12's... and ANYTHING other than that AP amp. If you absolutley HAVE to buy new, get the little mini apsm1500. Not the AP series. There's a HUGE thread on another forum about that little amp and it's doing plenty of clean power. It's cheaper too. Like $120 shipped?

Thanks all, I decided I'm going to go with an AQ amp and HDC3 sub. I talked with the sales people there and they offered me 10% off if I get both //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.