Need a single 18" that will be powered by a SAZ-1500D

Personally I'd say go with the DD 3518, then if you want some more soup for it get it supercharged... you can't go wrong with DD man

SSA xcon or save yourself the money and fix the box.

Hopefully its fixed, it was worse than I thought.. 1 screw.. was.. gone.. somehow. and 3 others holding the woofers down were broken.. Not to mention that it broke port screws.. somehow. Anyway, replaced with HUGE wood screws, gorilla glued the threads, and gasket taped the hold for the subs and ports.. I'll post a video when I find a place to play with out getting the cops called

Hopefully its fixed, it was worse than I thought.. 1 screw.. was.. gone.. somehow. and 3 others holding the woofers down were broken.. Not to mention that it broke port screws.. somehow. Anyway, replaced with HUGE wood screws, gorilla glued the threads, and gasket taped the hold for the subs and ports.. I'll post a video when I find a place to play with out getting the cops called
Make sure you add the bracing as well. That will save you a large headache later on.

Can you recommend what material to use and where to put it? I assume in the middle..
I made a post on page two(several actually) that should help out.

Depending on easy you want to do it, I would use a 2x2, 2x4 or something similar. You can also use all thread rod, or some sort of wodden dowel. Lots of options on what to use. Just make sure it is cut about 1/16 or 1/8 to big so you have to hit it into place. Also make sure you use wood glue to help the bond and screw it from the top/bottom.

I made a post on page two(several actually) that should help out.
Depending on easy you want to do it, I would use a 2x2, 2x4 or something similar. You can also use all thread rod, or some sort of wodden dowel. Lots of options on what to use. Just make sure it is cut about 1/16 or 1/8 to big so you have to hit it into place. Also make sure you use wood glue to help the bond and screw it from the top/bottom.
Just read that reply now sorry I over looked it.. Thanks a lot for the help, proly heading to home depot again today... Hope I can find my measuring tape //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

No problem man, if you need anything just ask. Again, sorry that the enclosure was misrepresented to you. I'm sure it happens all of the time out there though. To do what you are doing in reality I would have used a double baffle on it with bracing.

Does that enclosure have a sundown audio logo on it?

Stick with Sundown if you can. Not trying to nuthug, but it's a great brand. Can't wait to get my SA-15. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

No problem man, if you need anything just ask. Again, sorry that the enclosure was misrepresented to you. I'm sure it happens all of the time out there though. To do what you are doing in reality I would have used a double baffle on it with bracing.
Does that enclosure have a sundown audio logo on it?
Yeah it has the Sundown logo on it, and its built to have the subs facing up.. Honestly I should apologize, I slapped your name on a used box i'm sure you built a long time ago, and who knows what the previous owner did. But the last thing I want to do is try to pass the blame off, it was neglect on my part that let it get so bad. But I do need a little help actually, today with everything solid...ish.. I popped the trunk and noticed some seriously bad port rattle on the first/lower port. Its extremely loud, holding the top of the port doesn't help, but putting my arm all the way in and grabbing a hold of the bottom stops the rattle completely.. Any advice on whats up?

Stick with Sundown if you can. Not trying to nuthug, but it's a great brand. Can't wait to get my SA-15. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
uv done nothing but nuthug sundown since u got here

squirrel.jpg

YOU'RE CAUGHT!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.