Need a single 18" that will be powered by a SAZ-1500D

timma100
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
My two SA 12's are starting to go, I have bottomed them out a couple of times, and while the coils are still smooth as day I know it wont last for ever.. So I want to upgrade, I have a trunk the size of the moon but I will be buying a new car soon so I don't know 100% for enclosure size yet. Anyway, for woofer choices, I really want to aim for super clean lows. The SA 12's loose control a lot earlier than I would like but the motors arnt all the strong. Here is what I am thinking for woofers

Sundown Z V.3 18" @ 1 or .5ohm?

DC Level 4 18" @ 1 or .5ohm?

IA Death Penalty 18" @ 1ohm

DD 3518 @ 1 or .5ohm?

Edit

Adding

AA Havoc 18 @ 1ohm

If you have anything to add please do..

For what I am looking for, I really want clean sound over SPL, but these are all mid/high end woofers so they will probably all sound clean/similar. Just looking for opinions for an SQ oriented build that can also get loud

Last edited by a moderator:
why do you want to run at .5 ohms if this is SQ oriented?
I got an AA avalanche.
Its an SQ drivin build but hopefully rise will keep me ~@ 1ohm, and I never said I had my heart said on anything. I am always up for advice

Who built the box? Is it just me or is the box flexing?
lmfao, ur port is really loose so ur box is leaking reallllllllllllllly bad. tighten the port up...
The port screws ripped out, and the subs are ripping out the screws that hold them down.. And @ Dman, ProRabbit built this box, and yeah, it flexes its *** off :|

Lol the ports arent even screwed in properly and the whole box is flexing. Idk about space requirements for those woofers but the leaky ports are allowing the subs to unload and the whole thing flexes like a fatfuck chasing a runaway doughnut. That has to be one of the worst boxes I have ever seen.

Make sure wires in the box are fine and hooked up snug. Re-set your gain properly.
Gains should be good

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Lol the ports arent even screwed in properly and the whole box is flexing. Idk about space requirements for those woofers but the leaky ports are allowing the subs to unload and the whole thing flexes fatfuck chasing a runaway doughnut. That has to be one of the worst boxes I have ever seen.
Build by prorabbit, cost 475 new lol.. But I did buy it used.. Oh and the ports and subs unscrew them selves.. constantly, even with lock-tight.. Im running out of options

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.