Need a little advice/help...

Participant count
  • Participant list

mariojas
10+ year member

Hi guys I have a quick question for you all: I want to get 2 Kicker 10CVT12-4-N which are 400watts RMS 800w Peak each single coil 4ohm . I would run them parallel so total impedance will be 2 ohm.

This is what I dont know. What amp should I get? the zx750.1 which has RMS 2 Ohms: 750 Watts x 1 Channel and peak of 2 Ohms: 1500 Watts x 1 Channel

or the dx500.1 which has RMS 2 Ohms: 275 Watts x 1 Channel (d 1% THD+N) and peak 1 Ohm: 1000 Watts x 1 Channel

I'm not sure Im getting mixed answers hopefully you guys can help me straighten this out..

Thank you

2 subs are 170 and the zx750 amp is 270. And that is my price range... unless if you have any better setup suggetions for that money? I'm open to suggestions.

I already have the car wired. I dont know I never heard of audiopipe... I'd rather pay more and get a brand named amp. What about subs? Do you know anything about them good/bad? or "better" ones around that price range?

The main reason bass boost isn't used is that it only boosts frequencies within a very small range, and often causes the amp to clip at a lower volume level than if the boost was off. With it off, you have a nice amount of mass over more frequencies at a higher volume, compared to a little extra bass at a certain frequency with it on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.