My weekend install

Everything looks spot on besides the coxials. I would have went with some PG Rsd's or Pioneer Premiers new line as they can be had pretty cheap. I am sure you could make some baffles as it looks like you are good with wood and installing.

Just a suggestion as I am sure it sounds good for your likes.

Enjoy and clean install.

Looks good. On those mustangs i usually drop the mach 460 box out of the rear deck, and mount the rear speakers through the top of the deck. That gives you quite a bit more room for a little taller sub box. Plus since your subs fire forward through the opening in the back seat, you won't have to worry about the subs pushing too much pressure on the rear speakers, like you would if the subs fired back.

Looks good. On those mustangs i usually drop the mach 460 box out of the rear deck, and mount the rear speakers through the top of the deck. That gives you quite a bit more room for a little taller sub box. Plus since your subs fire forward through the opening in the back seat, you won't have to worry about the subs pushing too much pressure on the rear speakers, like you would if the subs fired back.
Any suggestions for my thread in the enclosure forum?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Everything looks spot on besides the coxials. I would have went with some PG Rsd's or Pioneer Premiers new line as they can be had pretty cheap. I am sure you could make some baffles as it looks like you are good with wood and installing.
Just a suggestion as I am sure it sounds good for your likes.

Enjoy and clean install.

I'm a full time college student with a wife so the coaxes were the best I could afford. I looked for separates online, but I am always leary about buying electronics online, so I decided against it.

They sound great if its any consolation, and the factory Mach 460 setup runs the 4 factory tweets off the deck, so I essentially have separates anyway.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

it looks good man, but is the trunk sealed off? because if it isn't you have cancellation, thats why your subs aren't as loud as you want.
I dont understand how to seal off the trunk? Like airtight seal or just baffles made from MDF?

i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong....

to see if you are losing sound to your trunk, open it and see if the music gets louder. if it is getting louder, make the baffles out of MDF. when you're done, open your trunk again. it should not get any louder anymore.

Dimensions on box for 3 subs please!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I plan on doing something similar....

I'm pretty sure I have the exact same car.

Red 1995 Mustang...

Dimensions on box for 3 subs please!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gifI plan on doing something similar....

I'm pretty sure I have the exact same car.

Red 1995 Mustang...

BOXDESIGN-1.jpg

Mines an 02.

Davescar-7.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.