My install's coming along nicely

I was pushin' my new auto audio system a little too hard last night I think and I've lost my sub and a lot off my 6x9s, all coming from the V9 amp! V9 amp still lights up, but no sub and puny 6x9 output too. :-( Too cold and windy out to get out and look very closely at it, but I'm thinking maybe I blew a fuse in the V9 amp itself!

And that's the problem with many fuses, when one blows finding it! ;-)

John Kuthe...

I was pushin' my new auto audio system a little too hard last night I think and I've lost my sub and a lot off my 6x9s, all coming from the V9 amp! V9 amp still lights up, but no sub and puny 6x9 output too. :-( Too cold and windy out to get out and look very closely at it, but I'm thinking maybe I blew a fuse in the V9 amp itself!
And that's the problem with many fuses, when one blows finding it! ;-)

John Kuthe...
Hope its not a fuse.

Bad news! It's neither of the two 40A fuses in the V9 amp! I pulled them both out and their fuse links looked fine!

Oh boy! :-( Well, it was fun while it lasted! :-(

John Kuthe...

do a continuity test on those fuses sometimes you cant see if they are blown, disconnect all speaker connections from the amp and connect one at a time to see if its a short in one of the leads

do a continuity test on those fuses sometimes you cant see if they are blown, disconnect all speaker connections from the amp and connect one at a time to see if its a short in one of the leads
Yep, basic electrical troubleshooting steps which I do not have time for right now, or the weather for either! :-(

Guess I'm relinquished to listening to the PHD drivers only for now, Not loudly, but at least they sound very good!

John Kuthe...

well when you put an overly complex install done wrong, with **** strewn all around a ****** minivan, with no electrical abilities or enough mental ability to read the manuals this can happen.

well when you put an overly complex install done wrong, with **** strewn all around a ****** minivan, with no electrical abilities or enough mental ability to read the manuals this can happen.

Well, you WERE being kinda nice for a while, but I guess we see how long THAT lasted! :-(

John Kuthe...

another thing I tend to see is you brag about sticking to your original plan to remain stock, then instead of recutting your adapters for your dash out of thinner material for driver clearance you would rather buy the most overpriced speaker grills you can to solve the problem. you didn't heed any suggestions with any of the setup and now its all going to **** because of your hard head.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
JohnKuthe
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from