My friend has a 13 w7, and he says its the best sub ever made, prove him wrong.

:smokin:Well I am done with this thread for now.....I think I have made my point on the fact that JL is nothing but K-Mart Specials around here. To the guy who started this thread, I hope your friend is entertained by the comments everyone has left on here. I hope thats what you needed. I tried to make it as good as I could without getting too harsh. But I truely feel that JL **** CAWK with the best of em and does it for beer monies. In this day in time, there are too many subwoofer brands to be partial to just one. Sure there is one brand that I am particular too, but like a ton of brands like DC, DD, Treo, Sundown, Atomic, ect. I havent had a chance to own all these brands, but have had some of them. They are all good and if your friend just so happens to like JL..........well he probably ***** cawk with all the other JL Nuthuggers out there.....IM OUT......Peace:peace:

You guys are full of it. I run a 13w6 ported and it's SQ is amazing and this sub is loud enough off only 250 watts. You're comparing subs that are like 15"-21" to the 12w7??? Of course they will be louder! It's greater displacement. Compare them to 2 12w7's and I think it's a better comparison. Fact, JL makes great SQ subs. Fact, the w7's are loud as heck and sound amazing doing it. We JL people are not all about cheap bass that just gets loud, we actually have discerning tastes and enjoy some good SQ without blowing our ears out. Who's going to listen to something louder than a 12w7 in a daily driver anyway? Enjoy your hearing loss. I'll take a high quality SQ sub that I can listen to on a daily basis before a freakin 18" sub that takes up all my trunk space and causes hearing loss. I have great sounding bass with plenty of loudness, plus I can still use my trunk and all off 250 watts. I'm in socal; I don't care if someone pulls up with a louder system. I'm more concerned with how it sounds on the inside of the car. And the guy who said JL belongs in the same category as explode, BS. You don't know what you're talking about. Peace
Oh dear sir, where to begin. It cracks me up, anytime I'm louder than someone, they ALWAYS say "see, that's too loud, I don't want that"... of course bro. And where did you think we were comparing the W7 12" to other 15" and 18" subs? LOL we are comparing the same size subs bud. The W7s are not loud as heck, and they sound "okay" while doing it. Even JL states they went for a high output woofer while trying to sound good, that means they didn't try to make a SQ woofer such as the W6. Who's going to listen to something louder than a W7 in a daily driver? Is that a serious question? The W7 is no where near the loudest sub out there, NOT EVEN CLOSE. And oh, now it's the hearing loss, great great great, since you can't be loud, you're just talking like every other nagger that says "I don't want something that loud".. And your W6 off of 250 watts, you're not loud, and you probably don't know how to make it sound good either.

Edit* And if you're going to say it sounds good while getting loud, DC XL, Lvl 5, Fi BL, BTL, SSA Xcon, Zcon, IA DP, Warden, some off the top of my head WILL get louder, and WILL sound just is good, if not better.

well shops only carry the namebrand stuff that everyone heres all day long so the consumer only heres about these brands so thinks thats all there is and they over pay for it so they think the mad cash he dropped makes it the top dog ...thats like around here they only sell the main stream stuff around here kicker,jl rockford orion ...

Oh dear sir, where to begin. It cracks me up, anytime I'm louder than someone, they ALWAYS say "see, that's too loud, I don't want that"... of course bro. And where did you think we were comparing the W7 12" to other 15" and 18" subs? LOL we are comparing the same size subs bud. The W7s are not loud as heck, and they sound "okay" while doing it. Even JL states they went for a high output woofer while trying to sound good, that means they didn't try to make a SQ woofer such as the W6. Who's going to listen to something louder than a W7 in a daily driver? Is that a serious question? The W7 is no where near the loudest sub out there, NOT EVEN CLOSE. And oh, now it's the hearing loss, great great great, since you can't be loud, you're just talking like every other nagger that says "I don't want something that loud".. And your W6 off of 250 watts, you're not loud, and you probably don't know how to make it sound good either.
Edit* And if you're going to say it sounds good while getting loud, DC XL, Lvl 5, Fi BL, BTL, SSA Xcon, Zcon, IA DP, Warden, some off the top of my head WILL get louder, and WILL sound just is good, if not better.

So, it's not good bass unless it's louder than a W7? There is a difference between a loud setup (what 140db+) and a good sounding one. I like good sq subs. I don't need people to hear me a mile away. Loud is subjective. WHen my bass pounds my car sounds like it's going to explode. WHy can't that be loud enough for me? I don't need a setup that is louder than anyone. I don't get my kicks off out-louding people. I like listening to my music the way it was meant to be heard ina studio. That's the setup I'm gearing for in my car. I will honestly not go more than 750 watts on my sub. It must be all the teenagers in here that need people to hear them a mile away. I'm a grown man and I don't get my kicks from showing off. And how do I not know how to make it sound good? The sub and amp was my very first and I'm still building up my setup. Search my threads and you'll see the type of comps I'm looking at buying (i.e. DLS, Hybrid, Boston Acoustics). All better then your Type X refs and Type R 6x9's. I can run my 13w6 off a jl 1000 watt slash amp and I'm sure it will sound just as good if not better than any of those subs you mentioned. It doesn't need to be louder, just sound good. Thank you, have a nice day.

with mids like what you are looking at I agree my tastes are similar in that regard

but there are dozens of SQ subs that will trash a JL for less than 1/2 on 1/2 the power....

the W6 hasnt been updated in forever dude..

I would run a 250$ RD sonance before I ever ran a W6 and I like the W6... but I have installed both and the Sonance is a clear winner...

Install is everything dude.. not the name on it..

So, it's not good bass unless it's louder than a W7? There is a difference between a loud setup (what 140db+) and a good sounding one. I like good sq subs. I don't need people to hear me a mile away. Loud is subjective. WHen my bass pounds my car sounds like it's going to explode. WHy can't that be loud enough for me? I don't need a setup that is louder than anyone. I don't get my kicks off out-louding people. I like listening to my music the way it was meant to be heard ina studio. That's the setup I'm gearing for in my car. I will honestly not go more than 750 watts on my sub. It must be all the teenagers in here that need people to hear them a mile away. I'm a grown man and I don't get my kicks from showing off. And how do I not know how to make it sound good? The sub and amp was my very first and I'm still building up my setup. Search my threads and you'll see the type of comps I'm looking at buying (i.e. DLS, Hybrid, Boston Acoustics). All better then your Type X refs and Type R 6x9's. I can run my 13w6 off a jl 1000 watt slash amp and I'm sure it will sound just as good if not better than any of those subs you mentioned. It doesn't need to be louder, just sound good. Thank you, have a nice day.
If you want SQ you should've bought a Critical Mass subwoofer. They'll shit on JL in the SQ department.

w7 is not a bad sub but definitly not the best sub in the world...and for the money seriously overpriced and over rated...

i would put my 2004 re se 12's up against a 12w7 anyday..or a sundown sa12...these are subs that cost no were near as much and will crapp all over i mean straight dookie on the 12w7..w7 to me is a entry level line to getting louder than normal

UL12, lms ultra... could go on all day...

had a douche bring me 6 12W7 and 6 1000/1 amps to install and he didnt belive me that 4 DD35's would be louder and sound better... after the install the owner of "Dragon Customs", the custom carmod shop we did the install at proved it to him lol

he spent over 10k on his JL badness...

You're acting like loud systems can't sound good?!!? Have you ever heard of the 05 and 06 Re XXX. It is THE BEST sub for smashing the lows, sounding good, and getting louder than crap. I sat in Ngsm's truck with 2 15" '05 XXXs and not only was it very loud, it will sound better than your W6 all day. Hahah, I even sat in a SUV with 4 Nightshade 18s, it hit a 156db, and it sounded great, better than a W7 will. Loud is not subjective at all sir, SQ is. Loud is loud, we have meters to show that... SQ is really subjective, we don't have a meter that says "Hey, that sounds good!" I don't show off my subs either, I compete, thats why I want to get loud, and I can guarantee you that my BTLs sound better than your W6. 750 watts? Uhm, Fi's new N1 is a designated SQ woofer, its rated at 1000rms, soo.... And lol trying to rag on my comps, if I was going for SQ, I would've bought high end Rainbow comps or DLS myself. Shame your forgot to mention my headunit and amp with my speakers. A true SQ guru could make Type S comps sound better than your "upcoming" comps, you're just a rookie.

UL12, lms ultra... could go on all day...
had a douche bring me 6 12W7 and 6 1000/1 amps to install and he didnt belive me that 4 DD35's would be louder and sound better... after the install the owner of "Dragon Customs", the custom carmod shop we did the install at proved it to him lol

he spent over 10k on his JL badness...

I would like to spend over 10k on my Soundstream badness... I probly would only be able to get one 15,000 watt and maybe one sub. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I would be in none of the above. I know for a fact that JL makes an OK woofer, however i dont give 2 shits for it because it is over rated. And if you had to listen to all the hype running around this town bout them fawkin JL's, you would understand. I usually dont smack talk the bastards. I just show em what a DD9515 will do and they laugh....But they go home cryin to their moms. I am a loner and no one in this town has anything close to DD. There is some mojo's, 13w7, T2's, L7's.....I mean cmon....We just got a guy here in town that is gonna start sellin Treo's. So once again, I hence that JL belongs in a class for Gay Subwoofers
lulz

Heres the vid i was talking about in the last post enjoy the huggers

LMAO!!!

i think that guys having an epileptic fit at about 2.20 in........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

i think the JLW7 obviously performs well, i wouldnt say it perfroms well for the money.. b/c its bloody expensive & try reconing one... impossible!!

you lot are gonna go round & round arguing about SQ between various subs, its all ''preference'', some ppl hear better than others & some just THINK they here better than others..lol

so.. its a good sub, but its far from the best for more reasons than i can count..

but saying that, i dont think ANYONE can definitely say there is a ''No.1 Sub''

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.