My friend has a 13 w7, and he says its the best sub ever made, prove him wrong.

Heres the vid i was talking about in the last post enjoy the huggers

LMFAO!

"A fucking W7.....that's not a gang sign....we are Christians" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

You're a poor arguer, you should've brought up the price of a brand new W7 vs other subs being brand new... he said the price of a used one, $200, you should've brought up the ridiculous brand new price tag vs a better subs price tag.

You're acting like loud systems can't sound good?!!? Have you ever heard of the 05 and 06 Re XXX. It is THE BEST sub for smashing the lows, sounding good, and getting louder than crap. I sat in Ngsm's truck with 2 15" '05 XXXs and not only was it very loud, it will sound better than your W6 all day. Hahah, I even sat in a SUV with 4 Nightshade 18s, it hit a 156db, and it sounded great, better than a W7 will. Loud is not subjective at all sir, SQ is. Loud is loud, we have meters to show that... SQ is really subjective, we don't have a meter that says "Hey, that sounds good!" I don't show off my subs either, I compete, thats why I want to get loud, and I can guarantee you that my BTLs sound better than your W6. 750 watts? Uhm, Fi's new N1 is a designated SQ woofer, its rated at 1000rms, soo.... And lol trying to rag on my comps, if I was going for SQ, I would've bought high end Rainbow comps or DLS myself. Shame your forgot to mention my headunit and amp with my speakers. A true SQ guru could make Type S comps sound better than your "upcoming" comps, you're just a rookie.
You're just like the rest of the "sql competition" oriented people I've read. Prideful about your loudness. And prideful and rude in general. I don't compete, I just listen to music in my car, so yes loud is subjective. I couldn't care less if you had $10,000 in your car. I won't ever waste that kind of money on materialism just to "show off" my sound system. It's true I'm a rookie if you mean not completely obsessed with car audio to the point that I'm a jerk to people over the brand of subwoofer they own. I'll be happy knowing I own good quality comps, amps, HU, and a sub that I'm sure will last a long time and bring me lots of enjoyment listening to it. For me that's the difference between an audiophile and a competer. In the end this competetion stuff is just about how much money you can throw into a car to win trophies and look good in front of people. You're also just like every JL basher I have ever heard. You're biased. Doesn't matter if JL is more expensive. Thy're top quality build, last a long time, and sound amazing. Same reason people buy honda accords. Sure they can buy a camaro or a impreza, but there is something about quality build and longevity that beats out performance. I'm sorry I got dragged into your trolling.

No one has shown any testing results or anything. Just meter the W7 on the same amp and box that you would use your better woofer on. As for me on this whole subject.. I wil NEVER own a JL woofer or amp again, its simply over priced and can be out done for much cheaper.

You're a poor arguer, you should've brought up the price of a brand new W7 vs other subs being brand new... he said the price of a used one, $200, you should've brought up the ridiculous brand new price tag vs a better subs price tag.
thats was just as reference he knew the price of a w7 new so it didnt need to be said.

So, it's not good bass unless it's louder than a W7? There is a difference between a loud setup (what 140db+) and a good sounding one. I like good sq subs. I don't need people to hear me a mile away. Loud is subjective. WHen my bass pounds my car sounds like it's going to explode. WHy can't that be loud enough for me? I don't need a setup that is louder than anyone. I don't get my kicks off out-louding people. I like listening to my music the way it was meant to be heard ina studio. That's the setup I'm gearing for in my car. I will honestly not go more than 750 watts on my sub. It must be all the teenagers in here that need people to hear them a mile away. I'm a grown man and I don't get my kicks from showing off. And how do I not know how to make it sound good? The sub and amp was my very first and I'm still building up my setup. Search my threads and you'll see the type of comps I'm looking at buying (i.e. DLS, Hybrid, Boston Acoustics). All better then your Type X refs and Type R 6x9's. I can run my 13w6 off a jl 1000 watt slash amp and I'm sure it will sound just as good if not better than any of those subs you mentioned. It doesn't need to be louder, just sound good. Thank you, have a nice day.
I am louder than any setup with twice as many W7s in it, and I can turn it down to a level in which you think is a 'good' SQ volume, and it WILL sound better than the W6/W7 w/e you want to use. Not knocking JL like some of the other people out here, but there are lots of brands that get just as loud as anything JL produces, while sounding just as good if not better. All of which can be had for less money than JL woofers.

I know some people in here are being fools about knocking JL, but don't be so blinded by the product you don't realize there are alternatives that work just as well.

what does jl do to prevent distortion?

sure a sundown sa-12 can be just as loud as a w7, but what does it have vs distortion?

ill take a sub like the shiva, or an AE AV sub that clearly explain every detail into why their subs sound great, yet still handle 1000 watts and will get just as loud as a w6, or w7, and sound BETTER

so this is why nobody wants to buy my set of jl c3 650........ lol

this is very funny i used to like JL until i starting see the retail price of their products....

their product are very well built, but they are simple ! and price tag its to high....

they are raping people :eek:! with their price tag

So, it's not good bass unless it's louder than a W7? There is a difference between a loud setup (what 140db+) and a good sounding one. I like good sq subs. I don't need people to hear me a mile away. Loud is subjective. WHen my bass pounds my car sounds like it's going to explode. WHy can't that be loud enough for me? I don't need a setup that is louder than anyone. I don't get my kicks off out-louding people. I like listening to my music the way it was meant to be heard ina studio. That's the setup I'm gearing for in my car. I will honestly not go more than 750 watts on my sub. It must be all the teenagers in here that need people to hear them a mile away. I'm a grown man and I don't get my kicks from showing off. And how do I not know how to make it sound good? The sub and amp http://www.caraudio.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=7456316was my very first and I'm still building up my setup. Search my threads and you'll see the type of comps I'm looking at buying (i.e. DLS, Hybrid, Boston Acoustics). All better then your Type X refs and Type R 6x9's. I can run my 13w6 off a jl 1000 watt slash amp and I'm sure it will sound just as good if not better than any of those subs you mentioned. It doesn't need to be louder, just sound good. Thank you, have a nice day.
haha! agreed. my 13 w6 IS in fact VERY ******* loud. but yet VERY CLEAN. loudness is associated with distortion. that's why people don't like JL. on another note. alot of spl systems sound like donkey ***.. id love to see another woofer go toe - to toe with my 13w6 in over all performance

haha! agreed. my 13 w6 IS in fact VERY ******* loud. but yet VERY CLEAN. loudness is associated with distortion. that's why people don't like JL. on another note. alot of spl systems sound like donkey ***.. id love to see another woofer go toe - to toe with my 13w6 in over all performance
Way to bump an old thread

and my custom 15" sub would **** all over your w6 bro

and of course spl systems sound like ****, they're meant for competting not daily listening. But there are tons of daily systems that get loud as **** and sound good....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.