Something might be wrong with my hcca

mac208x
10+ year member

ok so yesterday i tried putting my hcca on and it like sounds funny i really dont know how to describe it but it still hits, works, there is no holes or cone seperation. I put it facing up and before when it was on its side (facing towards me) it was normal. Could i have done something to the voice coil? or was it just coz of the way it was positioned.

Is there a block feature on this forum? I could really use it right now, This assswipe is annoying me.

What happens usually when a sub makes farting sounds, is because it personally doesnt like the vehicle its in. Most times ive seen if the owner has a tiny cock, then subs will do funny things like that as well.

Is there a block feature on this forum? I could really use it right now, This assswipe is annoying me.
He has received an infraction. For future reference, if you see a rule being broken, use the report post button to notify the moderators.

I did and i guess it worked lol

He has received an infraction. For future reference, if you see a rule being broken, use the report post button to notify the moderators.
so back to my sub, what can i do? Should i take it out and take a look at it? What should i look for?

Well, sounding like a fart isn't the most descriptive way I could have hoped for. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif But it would seem to rule out mechanical issues, as they are usually referred to as a metallic sound, a banging, or a ticking noise.

The fact the sub sounded 'normal' when sitting on its side tends to make me think the problem is an acoustical one. Try moving the box around, or even facing it different directions, to see if that changes or even fixes the problem. It could also be an issue with the enclosure. A leaky box is sometimes described in the manner you are saying here. Changing the box orientation may have simply made the problem more obvious.

Now that i think of it, it kinda sounds like it but it also sounds kinda rattling noice, like plastic or something. I will take it out of the box and see maybe i could figure something out, I sold my amp so i cant test it anymore. I have tried to sell it yesterday and the dude had a hifonics brutus 2000 watts but the sub is at 2 ohms so it was only giving 1300 but from what i saw the dude was running only 4gauge cable, maybe not enough power and it sounded weird?

You have air leaking somewhere.

Best thing to do is take it out of the box and play it to find out if the sub is making the noise or if its something else. If youre sending it dirty power (clipping the **** out of it) it will sound like **** when it hits a note. As someone said before, a leaking joint in a box can make bad sounds, and if you have a cheaply made box, chances are an HCCA will blow it apart.

Now you give a post thats actually relevant to the question? Lol took you awhile well anyway thx i guess thats what ima do just take it out and look at it. Is there a another way to test it without an amp?

Best thing to do is take it out of the box and play it to find out if the sub is making the noise or if its something else. If youre sending it dirty power (clipping the **** out of it) it will sound like **** when it hits a note. As someone said before, a leaking joint in a box can make bad sounds, and if you have a cheaply made box, chances are an HCCA will blow it apart.

LMAO at waffle's first post though.

Im sure that HCCA hates you for running it sealed. If you had someone give you the specs for a ported box i bet youd have much better results.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.