My friend has a 13 w7, and he says its the best sub ever made, prove him wrong.

The video was awesome!

I like how the two guys on here that are for JL dont have anything that says they own JL equipment, h3ll one of em has a DC in his Avatar lol.... maybe they just cant afford it Hahaha

I would take there stuff over a lot for sure, if it came down in price by about 3/4's...

Personally I dont mind JL Audio. I own 2 12w3's.

I bought them last year on Craigslist for around $100. I think I got my money worth.

I have heard the W6's and the W7's. They look to be good woofers, but not worth the price tag they have.

I would buy them used. I see W7's out there for a couple hundred. I would think about it.

But when I can buy Sundown / DC / IA / DD / FI or any other number of companies new for the price of a used W7...well.

Also, I have heard nightmares about trying to recone a bad JL W7.

In my opinion you can make most subs sound good in the right box with the right amp.

Good to YOU isnt necessarily good for ME. To each their own.

Bring down a W7 to maybe $200....I would consider it, lol.

and yes...that video had me dying, lol.

You should get a 10 in there talking **** to the 8.

Well you are JL AUDIO 479.95 RETAIL...but I am moo betta at 595.32 RETAIL! lol

My JL AUDIO is better then your JL AUDIO! lol

I understand where the OP is coming from but you seem like a ****** friend to me.

If you really want to burst his jl nuthuggin bubble then dont say anything or try to argue about it with him... Get your system together and then show him and see what he says. Then show him the pricetag....

I mean **** I have expensive taste when it comes to car audio but i wouldnt even consider paying retail or used price for a workin w7.

My .02

IIRC a recone is around $350 and you have to have them do it. The won't just ship you a recone.
Thats insane!

I understand where the OP is coming from but you seem like a ****** friend to me.
If you really want to burst his jl nuthuggin bubble then dont say anything or try to argue about it with him... Get your system together and then show him and see what he says. Then show him the pricetag....I mean **** I have expensive taste when it comes to car audio but i wouldnt even consider paying retail or used price for a workin w7.

My .02
That ^^^^^

Back to the subject. I know each and every person has thier favorite sub and amp brand. But if you could have any sun and any amp you wanted, what would it be?......My point exactly.....it wouldnt be a cawk ******* JL. If JL had half the bolls of any other sub out there, then we mite be able to talk about JL and be like " Jl is not so cawk ******* at all" or "I almost bought my girlfriend a new phone, but fawk her...I got one of those new JL's". Lets get real here. Your friend probably makes out with himself in the bathroom while looking athimself in the mirror. Its pretty lame. I would love to find me a JL on craigslist and I would love to show yall what I really think bout JL. If had a choice of owning a wannabe sub like a JL or go 10yrs without master bation..........I would choose to go without. JL in my book ranks up there with the likes of FEGS. Maybe.....just maybe.......just maybe.....and i mean a long shot maybe.....if JL could come out with a sub that was better priced ( like $19.95) at Target or somethin, I would mite remotly possibly think bout buying one so I could be a JL Nuthugger too....just to c what it feels like

$439.95 huh....well....I would pay you $1.89 to give it a concrete surround and throw to the bottom of the lake. hahahahah..JL Nuthuggers are the best....you need to throw a Funky Pup in there just for spite....let the JL beat him down.....but the funky pup fights back and rips the JL's head off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.