My first "Active" "SQ'ish" build attempt.

I took my door panel off the drivers door, removed the Silverflute and inspected the connection and lead wires. I see no issues and the connection to the speakers terminals is tight. I see no water damage or wetness anywhere. Reassembled the door and tested the balance. It fades left to right with no issues. Actually, since I fixed the subwoofer issue and had to change RCA inputs to my DSP and had to redo the input levels and assign speakers in and out channels... the stereo is slightly louder with the mids and highs and the bass is WAY louder. Road test tomorrow at work.

I can't wait to get a different vehicle and transfer/transplant most of this gear into the new ride. I need 4 doors, this 2 door car is a pain in the rectum. Unless I can find a 2 door hatchback.

Well I listened and tested the bigger box on both subs, mostly the P3D4 and no matter where I cross it over or boost/cut the eq for the sub in the bigger box, it refuses to give me my upper sub-bass. Since I have the P3D4 and the old enclosure in my room, I am going to wire it all up (2ohms) and install the P3D4 back in the original enclosure. That one had the upper sub-bass all day long. It wasn't as loud below 35hz as the big box but the ratio of bass music to Jazz through Death Metal that I listen to isn't enough for me to miss the upper sub-bass. The Dayton Ultimax 10 sounds to me to be a faster responding sub, more spring like if that makes sense compared to the P3D4 Punch sub... the Punch feels heavier when playing.

Big Box - 1.40 cubic feet - Slot Port - 35hz tuned - 3/4" mounting surface

Original Box - 1.37 cubic feet - Labyrinth Slot Port - 42hz tuned - 1" mounting surface

The difference in size. The big box is wider, the original box is deeper.

A while back I may have mentioned that I bought some music from HDTracks and I told them it was distorted and clipped... they were cool about it and refunded my money but I just got my Audition working again and I am pretty sure I was right on the money... This is one of the tracks just as I downloaded it from HDTracks. You tell me...

Oh, the Dayton Audio AN25Ti-4 tweeters are officially on the way. Yay. 95.5db sensitivity... The ARC 1.0 Silk Tweets I am using I think are in the 88-89db range.
just a heads up, these are a poor choice for a two way setup. Very high FS and will need to be crossed at 4k or higher. This is why sensitivity is so high. Also, the cap that comes with it isn't meant to be a crossover. Its meant to protect the tweeter for "just in case" moments, like user error on DSP, turn-on pops, etc

just a heads up, these are a poor choice for a two way setup. Very high FS and will need to be crossed at 4k or higher. This is why sensitivity is so high. Also, the cap that comes with it isn't meant to be a crossover. Its meant to protect the tweeter for "just in case" moments, like user error on DSP, turn-on pops, etc
Way ahead of you brother. I got the cap separate from the tweeters for just that reason, "Just in case". I am looking for a small 2 channel amp and I am going to retest my 2.75" DD mids to make sure they are ok.... if they test fine, they are going back in the doors. I was thinking 4k - 4.5k on the new tweeters so I am glad you said something, lets me know I am on the right track.

Side note SkizeR... I have watched a bunch of Apicella videos on Youtube. Is that you or people you know? Cool vids either way.

Way ahead of you brother. I got the cap separate from the tweeters for just that reason, "Just in case". I am looking for a small 2 channel amp and I am going to retest my 2.75" DD mids to make sure they are ok.... if they test fine, they are going back in the doors. I was thinking 4k - 4.5k on the new tweeters so I am glad you said something, lets me know I am on the right track.

3 way will be a large step up over a 2 way. 4.5k for a 3 way will be okay

Side note SkizeR... I have watched a bunch of Apicella videos on Youtube. Is that you or people you know? Cool vids either way.
That is me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...