My first "Active" "SQ'ish" build attempt.

The Dayton is out of the car, the Punch P3D4 is back in. I am ordering a second P3 and will be running two. I am also going to be using the Ultimax in my home theater system.

I did measure both coils just to make sure I didn't mess the Dayton up. Both are dead on 2ohms on flat ground.

Man do I do things out of order. I was going to order my other punch 10 and ordered a new cell phone instead. I have to use my phone in the car for work (Delivery app, Google maps app, calls, music).

I have decided to remove the DSP and use the head units network mode directly to the amps. 2 - Tweeters, 2 - Midrange, 2 - Subwoofers, 2 - Amplifiers, 1 - Bass Knob (100% fully active).

Man do I do things out of order. I was going to order my other punch 10 and ordered a new cell phone instead. I have to use my phone in the car for work (Delivery app, Google maps app, calls, music).

I have decided to remove the DSP and use the head units network mode directly to the amps. 2 - Tweeters, 2 - Midrange, 2 - Subwoofers, 2 - Amplifiers, 1 - Bass Knob (100% fully active).
What are you going to do with the DSP?

I bought it as the unit only. I purchased from RF the dual knob controller and Bluetooth dongle. I purchased on my own, very upgraded RJ45 cable, USB cable and an Optical cable. All shielded, nylon jacketed and tipped with gold connections.

throwin in the towel already?....it takes time to get it dialed in just keep at it, you will get tears in your eyes when you finally get everything right.....its a very rewarding experience

Since I can't get a straight answer about my head units pre-amp output voltage I made a test lead for my DMM/O-Scope. I hear my head unit is clean to full volume but my DSP says it's clean to 36 out of 40. So I made this. I have another set of leads and a male connector, though I am not sure what I could use the male RCA connector for.

20200811-144631-HDR1.jpg

I finally got my phone here and all set up. Night and day difference between the LG G5 and the LG V30. GPS works with NO issues so far and I don't think I will need my Garmin GLONASS stand alone GPS receiver. Android Auto worked seamlessly unlike the G5. Music through the Android Auto was fine as well. Tomorrow I will see if the app I have to use for deliveries at work will interface with the Kenwood head unit. I don't think it will. But that's ok.

Since people have said it's a bad idea to change things in the stereo, I have not touched it. I decided to just back off, not worry about it so much and today I had a new idea. Buy a second Ultimax 10... run them on my Prime 1200-D amp at 2ohms (Amp rated at 800w rms @ 2ohms - 898w dynamic @ 2ohms) The Dayton is rated at 500w rms. What do you all think? Should be safe power wise but be decently loud... right? Is this a better idea than I have been talking about running two P3 10's @ 1ohm?

I’d run the Ultimax because I think it’s sexy and a better woofer than the P3. Then I’d look into selling the Prime amp and upgrading there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...