My first "Active" "SQ'ish" build attempt.

not bad. Probably sounds a bit dull and low on bass though. try a curve that is flat from 20hz to 40hz, then from 40hz, drops 18db to 200hz. flat from 200hz to 2.5khz, then from 2.5khz to 20khz, maybe a 5 db drop. afterwards, you might need to cut a bit in the 2.5-4k area

not bad. Probably sounds a bit dull and low on bass though. try a curve that is flat from 20hz to 40hz, then from 40hz, drops 18db to 200hz. flat from 200hz to 2.5khz, then from 2.5khz to 20khz, maybe a 5 db drop. afterwards, you might need to cut a bit in the 2.5-4k area
I think I understand what you are saying... like long flat steps?
also, change graph to 5db increments on the y axis
I was wondering if that could be done.

I am gonna leave it the way it is at the moment. Ran out of time. Bass amp is at -10db, mids and highs at -5db. Gonna have to wait till next week to try again. B itch is loud though and even though it's not right where I want it, the EQ is pretty good. Nothing sounds distorted or overdriven. Plenty of clear volume, bass is... man that Dayton sub is nutz!!

So picture the EQ from 20hz at +15db on the eq in the 3.sixty. From there it drops down 60hz to 120hz and runs at +5db to 3Khz then from 3Khz @ 0db until it drops off between 16Khz and 20khz. So it is stepping down but not at the 18db suggested.... it 10db, 5db, 0db and eq'd as best I could to flatten out each run. It doesn't sound bad. Way better than before.

Last edited:
This was my goal when my laptop started fighting me. This is really close to how I left it.

Graph.jpg

Did a final bout of measurements with the mic and fine tuned all the eq's. I think this is as good as it's going to sound. I also secured the sub enclosure as it kept sliding towards the trunk lid when I took off fast or took corners like a crazy person. It will stay put now.

And just like that, my stereo put a smile back on my face. I am not touching any settings, the volume is correct, the EQ's are correct, Crossovers seem just fine. I got left I got right I got center I got bass. I listened to my Ah Via Musicom album and every single instrument can be heard. Nothing is harsh, boomy, hollow, nasal, distorting, overdriven. Like I said, it made me smile.

Never satisfied.

I bought a different sub to replace my perfectly fine Punch P3D4-10. I am not upset about it but I have been sitting here wondering why I didn't just buy another punch sub and run two of them at 1ohm. I remember having that idea some time ago. So, never being satisfied I am going to redo my whole damn stereo. ---> (I am going to get another vehicle before the end of the year, it will need stereo stuff too so I will transfer my current stuff to the new vehicle.)

20200731-162232-HDR1.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...