My first "Active" "SQ'ish" build attempt.

Should be closer to correct now, wouldn't you say? Ya know, since I haven't blown these tweeters. ;)
cant say. tweeter usually blow from poor crossover settings or poor gain setting (no, using a scope or dd1 or volt meter is not a good way to set gains for tweeters)

cant say. tweeter usually blow from poor crossover settings or poor gain setting (no, using a scope or dd1 or volt meter is not a good way to set gains for tweeters)
I remember you having me read some articles and gave me suggestions on crossovers and stuff. Though these ARC tweeters are connected to the correct ARC two way passive crossovers... because I removed my DD 2.75" mids. I am still looking for some 3.5" speakers to replace them with.

Ummm... I hope it hits harder than the RF Punch P3D4 10" 🤞 😬 🤞

Dayton.jpg

The Ultimax has shipped as of this morning. My miniDSP mic is sitting in Jacksonville and my notice said "Business Closed, No Delivery Attempt Made" and FedEx's tracking says no delivery date set. Damn COVID-19. Maybe tomorrow.

I am going to reset ALL my gains and EQ's once the mic gets here and I have the sub installed and wired to 1 ohm. I forget how I have things set as far as Highs, Mids and lows with regards to setting them with 0db, -5db or -10db gains and so on. I want to say my highs are set at 0db but I am not sure. I am not going to worry as much this time with SQ and I think I am going to go -5db on the mids and highs and -10db on the sub. I know right now its loud but I run out of mids and highs when I turn up the sub... I don't want to lose sub output and in fact I think I will be gaining output when the Ultimax is swapped into the mix so I want some room to bring the mids and highs up to blend better with the sub. I may start with a gain overlap of 0db or -5db with the sub to start out. It's all very confusing.

Looks like my mic will be here today and my new subwoofer will be here tomorrow. I am off Wed. and Thur. so I will have the sub in and I will begin the tuning of the stereo yet again. Got the laptop charging... I am ready to go!

I have been driving around for a while, breaking in the sub. There is an increase in headroom. I have had to back off my sub control knob on the 3.Sixty by 3 - 5 lights on the knob... that's quite a bit. Which means I will have to readjust the gain on the sub amp. It has a different sound signature than the aluminum cone of the P3 Punch sub. I tracked down my sister as she got off work and let her hear some Bass Mechanik. Her response "Damn, that's one sub???" Mind you, I have not played it full tilt yet. I am impressed. I can't wait until it's broken in fully. I am at 1 ohm, the Punch was at 2ohms. Obviously there is an increase in power to the sub and the gain is untouched at this moment.

I will do the tuning tomorrow with REW and the MIC.

Approximately 45 minutes later it went from the red line to the green line. There were about 20 measurements between them. The red line is the very first reading I took with all EQ's flat. Time delay was still set and the crossovers were also active in the 3.Sixty.3. I sat in the car while measuring and I had the AC on, fan on low, sunroof visor closed.

Please give me some input. How does it look? What needs to be boosted/cut? Any suggestions?

before-and-after.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...