Mounting Sub Box to Rear Deck and Using Rear Deck Speaker Holes as Ports

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yes I am beginning to see the issue with trying fancy boxes. Does anyone happen to know any good websites that I can buy a box made custom for my car? Mainly to avoid having to readjust it all the time and to make it more space efficient in my trunk. Or would it even still be an idea to cut bigger holes in the deck and mount my subs and box to the deck and cut one big port in between the two subs on the deck? Which of the options would sound better, cost aside? I've heard putting subs in the cab of the vehicle can cause it to be really choppy because only some of the bass wave has been produced by the time it hits you. The guy at the audio store even advised pointing the subs toward the rear of the vehicle in the trunk for this reason. Another question I have is about making the bass less resonant with the car. As my speed increases the quality and loudness of the bass greatly subsides. Any fixes for this?
Sound deadener in your doors and trunk for the road noise and increasing bass. That’s a tad costly. Pointing the sub to the rear is definitely best for a box in the trunk. Sealing off the rear deck and doing an infinite baffle, sealed ported or bandpass box is good also. Just sitting a box in the back seat will not be as good.

Sound deadener in your doors and trunk for the road noise and increasing bass. That’s a tad costly. Pointing the sub to the rear is definitely best for a box in the trunk. Sealing off the rear deck and doing an infinite baffle, sealed ported or bandpass box is good also. Just sitting a box in the back seat will not be as good.

Thanks a lot man. For the sound deadening stuff would just lining the trunk with it be a solid start? Would that provide a decent amount of quality increase? With that said, keeping it as a box in the trunk would likely be the best option. Any recommendations for speakers to put in the rear deck. I wouldn't mind powering them if it would mean I could get some better quality on the low mids or high bass notes

We own a farm down around the Kansas/Nebraska border around benkelman. My uncle owns the farm now that my grandparents passed. I go back there and help him work sometimes.

Awesome, I wouldn't trade it for much of anything. I love the life around these parts and having a lake at every corner is also a big advantage I couldn't live without. Between boating and diving alone this place has plenty to keep us all busy. Not to mention it isn't weird to carry guns around here so we always have a blast with those as well.

Thanks a lot man. For the sound deadening stuff would just lining the trunk with it be a solid start? Would that provide a decent amount of quality increase? With that said, keeping it as a box in the trunk would likely be the best option. Any recommendations for speakers to put in the rear deck. I wouldn't mind powering them if it would mean I could get some better quality on the low mids or high bass notes
Personally, I’d do a sub in the trunk, nothing in the rear deck. Leave that open, and do a nice quality component set for up front on a 2 channel amp. That’s the simplest, easiest way to sound good. After that it gets more complicated.

Personally, I’d do a sub in the trunk, nothing in the rear deck. Leave that open, and do a nice quality component set for up front on a 2 channel amp. That’s the simplest, easiest way to sound good. After that it gets more complicated.

Okay. Gonna take the speakers out of the deck and leave it as is. I have a component set up front but not powered yet, that'll be an upgrade to come. I appreciate the help today.

Awesome, I wouldn't trade it for much of anything. I love the life around these parts and having a lake at every corner is also a big advantage I couldn't live without. Between boating and diving alone this place has plenty to keep us all busy. Not to mention it isn't weird to carry guns around here so we always have a blast with those as well.
Nothing is weird there anymore. A meth head moved into an old house on one of our properties. We had power turned on in the old house to run a pump for the cattle tanks. He spliced off it and burned it down cooking meth. Getting a little crazy out there. Lol

Wow, back from the dead!! Hey man. I remember you dealing with cdt back in the day. I see you have got a new business with a sub that I would like to try. Do I need it, no. Am I addicted, well, depends who you ask!!😁
Good to see you are back.

im back 😂. I had to rejoin as I no longer had access to my old email I joined with so im a newb 😂. I was most certainly known for being a cdt dealer, was the number one dealer for them for 4 years in a row but sold a bunch of other brands too. Blows my mind the direction car audio has gone! I been building subs with a buddy of mine for a long time, but never thought to really offer them as the competition back then was pretty fierce! Seems these days to get anything built by hand here in the states is either rare, geared to just getting loud, taking a snot load of power, costing an arm and a leg, or any combination of those. Im not looking to blow it up into something crazy, we are strictly only going to produce so many a year so our wives don’t leave us due to not having time for them 😂. The SL15 will be on its way to klipple for testing and once the specs come back will do a small run of them in D4 and D2. When those are gone the SQL15 will go in for testing and we will do the same. The SQL+15 will make its way but will probably only do those as they are ordered. It’s not easy to ship a sub that’s over 100 pounds lol. The SL15 would satisfy most as it does get loud and is an absolute monster down low! When it comes back, anyone with solid feedback on this forum that would like to borrow it to demo is 100% welcome to! If you like a sub with insane low output that sounds amazing doing it, I have all the confidence in the world you will love it!

im back 😂. I had to rejoin as I no longer had access to my old email I joined with so im a newb 😂. I was most certainly known for being a cdt dealer, was the number one dealer for them for 4 years in a row but sold a bunch of other brands too. Blows my mind the direction car audio has gone! I been building subs with a buddy of mine for a long time, but never thought to really offer them as the competition back then was pretty fierce! Seems these days to get anything built by hand here in the states is either rare, geared to just getting loud, taking a snot load of power, costing an arm and a leg, or any combination of those. Im not looking to blow it up into something crazy, we are strictly only going to produce so many a year so our wives don’t leave us due to not having time for them 😂. The SL15 will be on its way to klipple for testing and once the specs come back will do a small run of them in D4 and D2. When those are gone the SQL15 will go in for testing and we will do the same. The SQL+15 will make its way but will probably only do those as they are ordered. It’s not easy to ship a sub that’s over 100 pounds lol. The SL15 would satisfy most as it does get loud and is an absolute monster down low! When it comes back, anyone with solid feedback on this forum that would like to borrow it to demo is 100% welcome to! If you like a sub with insane low output that sounds amazing doing it, I have all the confidence in the world you will love it!
Awesome! I will most definitely be interested in purchasing a SL12, if not a pair. Glad to see you back man!

Is it island Pacific? I have your website bookmarked I think.

Awesome! I will most definitely be interested in purchasing a SL12, if not a pair. Glad to see you back man!

i currently have enough parts to build 3 subs in size 12 or 15 in d4 or D2. I’m waiting on spiders to come in currently but if you or anyone wants an SL12 or 15 in a quantity of 1-3, I could build them no issue! I have red and black carbon fiber dust caps on hand and I believe 1 black one (waiting for more of those too).

Is it island Pacific? I have your website bookmarked I think.

https://islandprecisionaudio.com/ cut me slack on the site as I built it myself 😂. It’s a work in progress and I promise in the future it will be revamped! I also highly recommend dealing with me directly if interested in any subs, I always preferred dealing with someone on a one on one basis when handling a purchase. Any time you are about to give up you’re hard earned money you should ask questions and receive answers. When I was a dealer back in the day I didn’t even have a website, I dealt with every person before a purchase was made and I’ll always prefer it that way! My number and email is on the site and feel free to also send texts if you wish!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...