CV Vpro 152D box type

Participant count
  • Participant list

wsster

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I am having a local company build my box in my current car. I have a mini cooper base model, and am removing the back seat so I have lots of air space. I have a CV Vpro 152D running off a Rockford P1000x. So I know that the site shows 3 cu. ft. for a single ported, but is a round port the best option for my set up. Obviously totally open to any type of box since I don't have an airspace issue with just the single 15. Thanks

So I am having a local company build my box in my current car. I have a mini cooper base model, and am removing the back seat so I have lots of air space. I have a CV Vpro 152D running off a Rockford P1000x. So I know that the site shows 3 cu. ft. for a single ported, but is a round port the best option for my set up. Obviously totally open to any type of box since I don't have an airspace issue with just the single 15. Thanks
Are you using one of the local shops in Tucson? A round port could be a good option. It just depends on space and design. Sounds like you have plenty of room to do a slot port if you wanted to. Round ports can help save space, if they have flared ends on the port ends inside and out. I haven’t ran the TS parameters on that sub to see what the air space requirements and port tuning should be for it, but someone probably should do that if you’re paying high dollar for a custom box.

Can you post the website link up to the sub?

How do you know a round port is the best option?

I listen to a ton of EDM...I've found tuning to like 30-32 hz for EDM is great for daily. I've done a lot of designs for people who mainly listen to EDM. Just make sure whoever is making the sound design of the box is making it for the response that you want and uses proper airspace, tuning and port area.

I have been making my own setups for years, cause I just dont trust others with my systems, yet don't have that option since my workshop is back in Tucson. Like most businesses, they currently are just gonna do a standard ported box, but I would prefer to go in and tell them exactly what would be best (and let them charge me a little more lol).

I have been making my own setups for years, cause I just dont trust others with my systems, yet don't have that option since my workshop is back in Tucson. Like most businesses, they currently are just gonna do a standard ported box, but I would prefer to go in and tell them exactly what would be best (and let them charge me a little more lol).

Will they build a design that someone else does?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...