Mitsubishi Outlander 2020

Participant count
  • Participant list
Newer vehicles are ten times harder to work on and figure out when it comes to electronics. As I said and Spokey said these days you can't just take any OEM head unit out of these newer cars and still expect everything to work. It doesn't work that way! Too many things are integrated into these newer OEM Head Units. And that is a fact! Hence why so many people end up using a DSP to install aftermarket speakers, amplifiers and subwoofers. Those companies that make wiring harnesses are not even trying to make a wiring harness for a lot of the newer vehicles because of those reasons. No point in making one because if you remove said head unit then you could end up causing a ton of issues with it even just trying to run right. Not too mention all the sensors that are also integrated into the head units these days. Perfect example is my neighbors 2015 Nissan Murano, can't remove the head unit if you do the car won't function properly or run right. Hence why we did a DSP with a built in amplifier when he wanted to upgrade the speakers.

My touch screen went on my Outlander and was looking to replace it myself with an aftermarket unit. I am having trouble finding a wiring harness that works with my Outlander. Any suggestions?

Thanks
I don't which Outlander stereo system you have but crutchfield.com has listings for aftermarket gear...they may have what you need...try contacting them if you don't see what you need online

Crutchfield says flat out if it has a flat screen setup in it they don't recommend doing it because of integrated stuff into the head unit. Regardless if it is a sport model or the base model.

So either a replacement OEM head unit used from a salvage yard or find someone who an replace the lcd screen on it and have yours refurbished.

Last edited:
So in the 90s, you read a book from the 90s. Now 30 years later you're reading a book from the 80s?

Math and frequencies are the answers. Show him easy how the problem some. GET SOME PICKLES BRO, GET SOME PICKLES BEFORE THEY GET YOU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...