Mitsubishi Outlander 2020

Participant count
  • Participant list
You might not be able to swap it out. Some of the newer vehicles after 2010-2012 the makers made it so that the head units now have a ton of stuff incorporated into them and if you remove the head unit some functions in the car may not work. You need to get on a Mitsubishi forum and ask just to be safe. Also if Sonicelectronix or Crutchfield doesn't have one listed, you may have to go a custom route for it. I know on DIYMA there are a few people that do custom wiring harnesses for vehicles so once you find out if you can even remove it without causing any issues in the vehicle then I would go there and ask if anyone can make you one. Someone on a Mitsubishi forum should know if A. You can remove it and B. If anyone has found a aftermarket wiring harness or had one made.

The OP isn't having trouble with the wire harness, they are having trouble finding a replacement HU and subsquently a wire harness - secondary to the primary issue and if custom, not available as you state. If you're going to contribute accurate, relevant info, pay attention to the content of the post/replies already given.

Last edited:
No interpretations needed, plainly posted for all to see. While the HU was the cause, the wiring harness was secondary and was due to issues clearly addressed in the initial response. I might have jumped your case a bit but your advice is routinely incorrect, sometimes dangerous. That said, you won’t find “custom” wiring harnesses from the big online shops either. Again, secondary to what is most likely the primary concern, availability of a HU that is compatible with all the functions that run the car systems – the priority concern. If you wanted to reinforce the availability of a wiring harness then “like” the original post to reinforce the info already provided.. And it’s spelled Scosche! ;)

You're way off...it ain't nothing to wire up a stereo in old cars...new cars are so integrated with the stock "radio" that there are vehicles that you can't run an aftermarket hu...which means finding work around just to run an amp...

You're an idiot reading very outdated books and thinking you know something because you did a speaker swap on factory stereo...

Listen more and speak less...you might actually gain some basic knowledge that way...

You have it completely ass backwrds. Older cars had no computers, cell phone connections, no wirelss, no HDMI, no caox, no spdif, no video, no DSP, and that's just for starters. I was kind of feeling a little guilty about calling you out in this post, but now - not so much.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...