Looking for build suggestions

Zelenity

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
Hello! My name is Michael and I'm new to this forum, and I've seen some pretty cool things and people.

Here's what I need help with; I have $1,500 to spend on a car audio setup and I want to get the best bang for my buck. I want to be HEARD.

Could you guys recommend any sub + amp combinations? Size doesn't matter but My trunk can fit 2 12's, MAYBE 2 15's

just sub and amp?

what stereo? what front speakers?

what vehicle?
Sorry for not being very specific, like I said I'm pretty new to this.

I already have the door speakers replaced, (Pioneer TS-600M) and the stereo I'm installing in a bit is the Kenwood DDX-419BT.

It's in a 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited

And yeah all I'm looking for is a good sub/amp combination

Could you guys recommend any sub + amp combinations? Size doesn't matter but My trunk can fit 2 12's, MAYBE 2 15's
You don't need 2 subs to be heard. A pair will double the stress your electrical system without really being louder to your ears. Better get a bad ass sub in a proper sized custom box.

Can't really go wrong with whatever combinations you make from these bass head stores. Just ask us before pulling the trigger.

SSA

Droppin HZ Car Audio

FI SPV4 15" dual 2 ohm and a Taramps MD8000.1 one ohm version. Ported box 4 cubes net tuned 32-34hz. Sub rear and port side. Should cost you around $1,250
Screenshot_20191224-225742_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20191224-224634_Amazon Shopping.jpg

You forgot the cost in electrical upgrades to support an 8k. +$1000 more.

I assumed he had that done since he only wanted sub+amp recommendations. He better go 2-XFL 1244's and a md5k one ohm version. 4 cubes net tuned to 32hz. Sub rear and port rear. Upgrade the electrical and buy 1/0 gauge wiring for the install with the remaining funds. Amp might be too big.

Last edited:
My wife owns a Santa Fe....and know how much "trunk" space is back there, it's actually a SUV. Easily fit 2 12's, but keep in mind room for an amp. Might suggest Sundown subs, like sa 12's and a Wolfram amp, either 2400 or 3k version. That would leave you some room for electrical upgrades.

My wife owns a Santa Fe....and know how much "trunk" space is back there, it's actually a SUV. Easily fit 2 12's, but keep in mind room for an amp. Might suggest Sundown subs, like sa 12's and a Wolfram amp, either 2400 or 3k version. That would leave you some room for electrical upgrades.
I have my current amp tucked under the floor in the trunk in the little cargo area- it's protected and fits with a ton of room to spare

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.