Let's talk electrical upgrades...2 SA-12s

Papermaker, you're wasting your time man. Most of the members of this forum derive their 'knowledge' from other what other members have said, meaning misconceptions are propagated indefinitely. It's like trying to swim upstream, you can fight all you want but eventually you'll just give in and stop trying to help... 

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

You've got no room to call someone an idiot with a statement like that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

And some of us derive our knowledge from asking people who are leaders in the industry. I'm sure this muff knew half as much as he thought he did about how amps work and how to repair them he'd be running a repair shop billing 70$ an hour for his time doing so.

I've had several alts rewound and they worked fine. One in particular was originally a 110 and i had it rewound to a 160. The case/housing was big enough and for 3 years i never had one problem.its not the fact that the rewinding is bad its the parts and the person who does it. and high-output alts aren't much more than a good battery anyways!
Running a re-wound alternator is not an issue especially on an under worked alt.

But most people who do it just replace with cheap parts to keep cost low.

An alternator not only produces current, but also produce a more efficient voltage.

You can have 100's of batteries, but how will they regain power after using without an alt?

its not hard to troubleshoot an amp and repair it honestly. if you know what your looking for its pretty simple in most cases.. I've done it myself but i've been doing electrical and messing with electronics for over 15 years..
Ok? Im not a electrical engineer and i can test caps, diodes. I know how to test board circuit points to find inline failures, but what if i dont understand how to test signal fluctuations from pre-amp or find amperage spikes on outputs?

Not so simple then is it?

If you know so much write a write up on how to do so, youll be teaching me something at that point.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Running a re-wound alternator is not an issue especially on an under worked alt.
But most people who do it just replace with cheap parts to keep cost low.

An alternator not only produces current, but also produce a more efficient voltage.

You can have 100's of batteries, but how will they regain power after using without an alt?

Ok? Im not a electrical engineer and i can test caps, diodes. I know how to test board circuit points to find inline failures, but what if i dont understand how to test signal fluctuations from pre-amp or find amperage spikes on outputs?

Not so simple then is it?

If you know so much write a write up on how to do so, youll be teaching me something at that point.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
Why? I should charge for it.. with a little research it's really not something that anyone with basic knowledge can't do. People act like everything on earth Is so difficult that other people can't possibly know how do it unless your somehow "special"..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.