help with fiberglass wheel well enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list
HI guys, I hope everyone its enjoying the summer. Im finally done with the fiberglass wheel well enclosure. The main point with this enclosure is to save space.

The fiberglass shell its done and I added good bracing. Now Im not sure if I want to just leave it sealed or actually find a way to add a flared port to it, I like hip hop, reggaeton and other kind of music but listen most to those listed

The problem adding a flared port is that the wheel well shape of a 1999 civic hatchback its very irregular where the first halve of the box its smaller than the other part but its about 1.60 cubic feet with bracing.

I will use a JL 12w0v3 and a ppi 1000. I know the ppi have a lot more power than I need for the sub but in the future I want to upgrade to a IDQ 12 or maybe a JL 12 w3v3.

but for now Im a little under the 1.75 cubic feet for the JL w0v3 and a little more than the recommended sealed air space for the sub.

I already calculated the port lenght for the fiberglass box and doing a 3 inch diameter port tuned at 33 HZ I need 7.80 inchess of port lenght but the problem is that since the port should go faced with the sub since the rest of the enclosure its against the wheel well then I have to use a 90 degree pvc piece due that the height of the enclosure its really not much for 7.80 inches

with that said do you guys recommend me to

1- use the 90 degree piece and go ported !

2- go with a 2 inch diameter port and then only need 3.4 inches of port length!

3- screw all the flared ports and go sealed!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.