2nd to the SA-8's

vnisme
10+ year member

Anyone would like to chime in which 8's would be a close 2nd to the SA-8's? I only say 2nd because I have been researching for a few days and it seems that the SA-8v2 is king of 8's in low end response. The SA-8's are a bit too expensive for what I would want to pay for... I see SA-15's going for almost 30% cheaper online... for $200 I was thinking I could buy 2 VFL 8's. $175 is pushing what I would want to pay, such as the M3-8 or PSI-8's. I have 2 8's in a t-line and would like to swap subs for more power handling. What would be close to the SA-8 v2, or do they really set themselves apart from the competition? Thanks! Opinions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the suggestion but the DD are still a bit too high for me. I heard the new e8s are on par w the sa8v1 and 1.5.. what do you think? Will a vfl 8 be comparable? I also see a great deal on 2 skar vvx8s on the classified section. Any thoughts on those? So many 8s..... im feeling like i might as well spin a wheel to decide.

Thanks for the suggestion but the DD are still a bit too high for me. I heard the new e8s are on par w the sa8v1 and 1.5.. what do you think? Will a vfl 8 be comparable? I also see a great deal on 2 skar vvx8s on the classified section. Any thoughts on those? So many 8s..... im feeling like i might as well spin a wheel to decide.
Did you check with a dealer? They should be around $150

Skar Audio MA 8s are decent sounding sub in spite of the owners reputation, I ran a pair of them a while back, they actually impressed me, almost as nice as the redline 608s I ran, almost.

I'll consider those MA-8's, they are very reasonably priced. Do you think the low-end response of this sub is satisfying or its a common problem with these 8's? Would you say these handle as much power as the Sundown E8's?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.