Let's talk electrical upgrades...2 SA-12s

DaytonLax14
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ohio
Hey guys, gonna be putting 2 SA-12s in my 2002 f150 wired down to 1 ohm and being powered by a Crescendo BC2000d.

Big 3 will be done.

Stock alt is 130 amp.

Should I go ahead and buy a Duracell AGM battery? Should I just put the AGM under the hood and only run one battery? Or keep my battery under the hood and put the AGM inside the cab? OR will an AGM battery even be necessary?

Thanks for all the help!

sometimes the hd trucks will come from the factory with 2 batteries and theres a part thatll also fit your truck you can buy from the dealership. you'll definitely want at least one good agm battery, ideally two imo

sometimes the hd trucks will come from the factory with 2 batteries and theres a part thatll also fit your truck you can buy from the dealership. you'll definitely want at least one good agm battery, ideally two imo
I can keep one battery under the hood and one AGM in the cab....you think this is way way to go?

id rather keep the battery under the hood if there's a way you can do it with a factory mount, otherwise use your cab or consider a HO alt instead. 135 amp alt stock isnt bad but you'll be pulling over 200amps with the bc2000d. i have mine set up with the duracell agm as my primary battery and one of the deka 55ah for my second.

I can keep one battery under the hood and one AGM in the cab....you think this is way way to go?
Yeah apparently the deka 55ah 775cca batts I sell fit perfectly in those aux trays. I do them for 90 shipped. ^^^^he runs one or 2 of the ones I sell also.

id rather keep the battery under the hood if there's a way you can do it with a factory mount, otherwise use your cab or consider a HO alt instead. 135 amp alt stock isnt bad but you'll be pulling over 200amps with the bc2000d. i have mine set up with the duracell agm as my primary battery and one of the deka 55ah for my second.
I read that using 2 different batteries (or different sizes) in the same set up will shorten the life span of the batteries...I assume that's true. Care to elaborate?

Fitting 2 batteries under the hood isn't really an option. I googled how to do it and there's a **** load of fabrication involved that I simply don't feel comfortable doing.

Do you have any suggestions for batteries to use?

Using an AGM and lead acid battery together is not recommended. As long as both AGM's are healthy and you have a float charger to properly tend them, you're golden.

Size doesn't matter. People run small AGM batteries up front for starting, and have very large banks of group 31's in the back.

Duracell is solid and cheap. I run Exide because a good friend of mine works at a shop and gets me a good discount.

Michaellane has good prices on here

Duracell is solid and cheap. I run Exide because a good friend of mine works at a shop and gets me a good discount.
Michaellane has good prices on here
Alright thanks for all of the help guys, this is why this forum rocks.

The battery under my hood is a group 65. What size battery do you recommend I get to go in the cab? Do I need more fuses and **** for 2 batteries?

Buy the Dekas from Michael Lane at 90$ a whack. I've had quite good luck with their batteries.
Can I use one as my starting battery and one as my battery in the cab? I'm afraid they are a lot smaller than my battery tray and I have no experience with side post batteries...not sure how the wires would connect. Can someone help me out with this?

Alright thanks for all of the help guys, this is why this forum rocks.
The battery under my hood is a group 65. What size battery do you recommend I get to go in the cab? Do I need more fuses and **** for 2 batteries?
No problem. Get the biggest battery you can fit and afford in the cabin. Yes use fuses

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.