jtomsic's scion tc build log

thanks bro im very pleased with it..
253312_177682335619924_100001344751103_404735_4134039_n.jpg

can see more of box and the L-brackets in place.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

yes did u fix it or is urs still doing it?
I dont even know what it is.. It really gets freakin loud and it so high pitched it freakin hurts the ear drums

I dont even know what it is.. It really gets freakin loud and it so high pitched it freakin hurts the ear drums
Oh i dont have anything like that.. i have the typical metal sound from vibrating.. i thought that was what you meant. i dont have any high pitched sounds or nothing tho.. i used a bunch of weather stripping today to try and seal the trunk up better tho seems to be alittle better with stopping the flex and a little rattle..wont be gone for the most part til i get deadner tho.

did 2 of the big 3 today need a bigger socket set to loose a nut for the engine ground ... also added new pos and neg battery terminals.. so far so good was getting SLIGHT..very slight light dimmage sometimes so i figured might as well do it i had the extra wire ... pics to come as soon as i get other ground on

in some instances it can actually weaken a bond between wood to have too many screws. but, if it stays, it stays. i usually keep about 6-8 inches between screws. i even know some guys who simply wood glue and clamp, and use only brad nails or a few screws (very experienced box builders). wood glue can do some fantastic bonding for what it was designed. not hating, not a bad build, just giving some input for reference.
All my boxes have been clamps, brad nails, wood glue, and sealant in all of the edges. I have had zero problems, I just used some threaded rod to brace the sides, works great.

I've never liked the idea of having a screw that was 1/3rd as thick as what it was going in, plus if you add 45's or cleats you can double the amount of nails used on a single edge, and you have more surface area to glue to.

246742_179849385403219_100001344751103_418415_1232593_n.jpg

picture of new digital volt meter installed, along side my e-brake bypass switch for my dvd unit, and alarm led warning light for the assholes who look to steal my shit. Still have another switch left in the last empty slot..not sure whats going in there yet... something eventually im sure ...

thanks bro im pretty happy with it, cant wait to start deadning when i get back from workin outta town, also ordering some new batts ...going to be building an amp rack and battery box when the time comes then so i still have a lot to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.