JL sub problems

Master69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i have some wuestions about these jl subs im picking them up off of a trade and i want to know which 2 will be easier to fix..obviously the 2nd will be easiest but what would be harder to fix 1 or 3?

1: Has 1 broken tinsel at cone. Measured both VC and it shows 3.5ohms. Overall in good condition. Just don't have time/skills to fix the tinsel lead.

2: Has 1 broken tinsel lead near the connector. Very easy fix and all VC measures 3.5ohms.

3: Works fine, has a 1 inch approx tear in the surrond. Can be patched up or surround can be replaced easily with a replacement kit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

What is your budget? With being exposed to Rain.. I would recommend looking at a marine grade SAS Bazooka for the sub stage
Don't forget Hoffman's Iron Law. You can have 2 of the 3: low end, efficiency/sensitivity or small enclosure size...
The best shallow that I've heard is the JL by far. One good regular 8" sub on a 1K would probably be all that you need. Two 8's in 1.5 cubic feet...
One or two, they are still subwoofer outs and are mono summed signals from both left and right. Even the 2 RCA subwoofer pre-outs on the 2nd one...
Be sure to see the sub specs. It should tell you the ideal sealed enclosure size.

About this thread

Master69

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Master69
Burlington, Iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date