JL audio w7 v.s. ______

I have personally listened to the W7, and now the A since I've installed it in my car. The W7 I heard was in a sealed box with the JL1000/1 pushing...honestly the A is hitting just as hard if not harder but does fall a little short in the SQ department...but not much.

Granted, I didn't hear the W7 in my own personaly vehicle....BUT...if you compare prices, at least to around me...it goes like this with the setups I've heard.

JL12W7....$700

JL1000/1...$1000

That's a total of 1700 bucks for the JL combo...

I'm running the Avionixx/E12a combo which was around 600 for both!

Best bang for the buck is definitely the combo from edesign, and the A is on par with the W7, at least from my standpoint.

Hell, I can get two 800.2 and 2 e12a's for the price of the 1 JL combo...to me it's a no brainer.

I'm not taking anything away from the JLW7 at all because it's a spectacular sub...but you can't say that the A series is totally inferior to the W7.

I won't begin to compare it to the Brahma because I've never heard the Brahma driver.

Just my .02 for what it's worth.

"I have never driven a Dodge Viper either. But I can safely say that it will have a higher top speed than my car due to it's physical design. "

Well were aren't comparing something like a Viper and a Neon....We are comparing like a Porsche to a Viper here. The Viper may have more power and torque, but the Porsche is lighter, handles better and therefore in real life is "faster" than a Viper. On paper the Viper looks good, but when applied in real life, the Porsche will beat it.

Now with that said...we have a the W7 with all it's custom parts...blah blah blah...and the eD A. On paper one might be "better" but it's real world applications will one or the other the TRUE champion. I will get my A soon, but will have to wait to hear the W7 so until then there's no true champion in my mind....

interesting....

i would like to hear an A but the kid just won't come thru...

in my mind I already know what'll happen...... and me and him are comparing a w6v2 to an ed A...... however my mind maybe wrong-there's always the possibility..... just waitin on phil for this one.

if my friend could get his 2 12" brahma's ever hooked up, and my other friend might get some w7's, me having two A's, we will have a nice little competition. although WE ALL KNOW, its in the install..

Originally posted by mgaidica if my friend could get his 2 12" brahma's ever hooked up, and my other friend might get some w7's, me having two A's, we will have a nice little competition. although WE ALL KNOW, its in the install..
yup, sure is....

however this is the plan b/w the 12w6v2 and the 12 ed a

we both got sealed boxes around the same size...

got an amp to power them both at different times and its both gonna be in the same car.

in his suv my hifonics z1000d

1000-1100 watts to the ed a then 600-700 watts to the 12w6v2

Originally posted by limitkid7 yup, sure is....

however this is the plan b/w the 12w6v2 and the 12 ed a

we both got sealed boxes around the same size...

got an amp to power them both at different times and its both gonna be in the same car.

in his suv my hifonics z1000d

1000-1100 watts to the ed a then 600-700 watts to the 12w6v2

WELL NEVERMIND, PHIL YET AGAIN FOR THE 5TH DAY IN A ROW CHICKENS OUT AND COMES UP W/SOME DUMB EXCUSE (CAN'T SET ASIDE 30 DANG MINUTES)....

i hate it when people talk crap then when its time to perform they're scared or no where to be found....... its not like we are going against each other.. we are comparing products and learning more about each of them AND informing u all of what we found out..... however for some reason phil just don't wanna do it

Originally posted by Gauntlet That's because there aren't any //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
i know....its crazy. i really wish that they were cheap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

-nate //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Originally posted by Gauntlet That's because there aren't any //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
1.5 flaws i've found

1- the faulty surround that it has (should have went rubber) - some mess up some don't

.5- ohm load - could get around that though

Originally posted by limitkid7 1.5 flaws i've found

1- the faulty surround that it has (should have went rubber) - some mess up some don't

.5- ohm load - could get around that though
for #1-- im sure that they tested both but went with what was best...

as far as the ohm load goes...it was a money making scheme even though they claim that it is for "sound quality purposes." they just want people to match their W7s with 1000/1s.

-nate

Originally posted by nswartley for #1-- im sure that they tested both but went with what was best...

as far as the ohm load goes...it was a money making scheme even though they claim that it is for "sound quality purposes." they just want people to match their W7s with 1000/1s.

-nate
well we all know about the ohm load like i said there are ways to get around that so that doesn't concern me ( just get 2 10w7's run 1000 watts to them (500 a piece)) and call it a day)).

well they might have tested them both, but like i said overtime w/them the surround does come apart...... ends up goin around the whole dang gon cone too....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.