JL audio w7 v.s. ______

We don't drive a anechioc box.

Once it's in a car, in a box, or up some ones butt everything changes.

So why live and die by a number that changes becuase of 1,000 different variables. Those variables include everything from how fast your driving, to how the person who hand assembled the driver felt or how focused they were the day they built it, to mass, damper, spring.

Hooking up a amp wrong negates hours of debate, and no ones car is 'ideal' for any of them to perform perfectly.

Speakers are pistons, they push air, put it in a box, eq it, forget about it.

The more we learn, the more it becomes apparent the personal preference is found by listening and testing. becuase one person likes something, doesn't mean someone else can't. If someone doesn't get how something can be done, doesn't mean it can't be done just means maybe they should think harder sometimes. The people holding half the precious curves will probably never release them becuase they are sick of people debating them and deciding what their beloved drivers will do before they ever listen to it. When all those fun results are beat to death over and over and over they aren't fun anymore, they are a pain in the butt.

What's better 200 posts saying 'man i can't believe it does that' or sitting someone down in your car and seeing them grin ear and ear and knowing they love it.

What's better, swearing something is better becuase your brain says it is or realizing you or someone likes something better becuase they have the ability to chose for themselves becuase they heard it... and liked it.

I'm ranting. I'm sorry. keep enjoying your speakers, read a book, watch colin quiin and the family guy. call josh just to call him names and get online just to ask someone how their day was and tell them it's good to talk to them again.

smile becuase you enjoy yourself in your car, that's why we do this.

Ben

Originally posted by kaosmoon We don't drive a anechioc box.

Once it's in a car, in a box, or up some ones butt everything changes.

So why live and die by a number that changes becuase of 1,000 different variables. Those variables include everything from how fast your driving, to how the person who hand assembled the driver felt or how focused they were the day they built it, to mass, damper, spring.

Hooking up a amp wrong negates hours of debate, and no ones car is 'ideal' for any of them to perform perfectly.

Speakers are pistons, they push air, put it in a box, eq it, forget about it.

The more we learn, the more it becomes apparent the personal preference is found by listening and testing. becuase one person likes something, doesn't mean someone else can't. If someone doesn't get how something can be done, doesn't mean it can't be done just means maybe they should think harder sometimes. The people holding half the precious curves will probably never release them becuase they are sick of people debating them and deciding what their beloved drivers will do before they ever listen to it. When all those fun results are beat to death over and over and over they aren't fun anymore, they are a pain in the butt.

What's better 200 posts saying 'man i can't believe it does that' or sitting someone down in your car and seeing them grin ear and ear and knowing they love it.

What's better, swearing something is better becuase your brain says it is or realizing you or someone likes something better becuase they have the ability to chose for themselves becuase they heard it... and liked it.

I'm ranting. I'm sorry. keep enjoying your speakers, read a book, watch colin quiin and the family guy. call josh just to call him names and get online just to ask someone how their day was and tell them it's good to talk to them again.

smile becuase you enjoy yourself in your car, that's why we do this.

Ben
one of the most profound posts that i have read in a while //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif very good points, too.

-nate

Originally posted by jlaine I seem to recall a time when YOU were happy with the paltry amount of excursion that the adst driver offered.

I most definitely was. But then I heard the Brahma. I love how it has no distortion at any output level.

Originally posted by jlaine I can't show them right now if memory serves me correctly.
I understand.

Originally posted by jlaine This information was stated because I'm tired of watching you roll your eyes at any TC sounds derived product and act like they don't have a clue. The capability is there for them, nobody wants to pay for it at this point though, and thats fine, because they are doing quite well without implimenting it.

You have no idea what goes on behind their closed doors, so don't assume you do. There are certain things nobody is let in on, for whatever reason they so choose.
Wow, where did that come from? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif I say that the Brahma is closer to the W7 than the A, and you get the idea that I think TC Sounds doesn't "have a clue"? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.