JL audio w7 v.s. ______

Originally posted by paintball9908 What is just as good if not better, but not the hefty price of a w7? I want somthing that rocks but dont want to pay $800.00 per sub.
I named a few in your other thread in "General Discussion".

Originally posted by Aurorav8 So you think the A and the XXX fall well short? Or you just pimping out the Brahma again?
Both are very nice subs. But the XXX and the Brahma/W7 are designed a little different. The XXX is more designed for SPL where the Brahma and W7 are more designed for SQ, the W7 having some custom parts which give it a slight advantage. The A is in a lower price point and although performs very well, isn't quite as close performance wise as the Brahma to the W7.

So my comment still stands. The Brahma is the closest to the W7.

I can give technical reasons if you want. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by Steven Kephart Both are very nice subs. But the XXX and the Brahma/W7 are designed a little different. The XXX is more designed for SPL where the Brahma and W7 are more designed for SQ, the W7 having some custom parts which give it a slight advantage. The A is in a lower price point and although performs very well, isn't quite as close performance wise as the Brahma to the W7.

I can give technical reasons if you want. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Don't start this again- how many times have you heard the A?

Originally posted by Steven Kephart Both are very nice subs. But the XXX and the Brahma/W7 are designed a little different. The XXX is more designed for SPL where the Brahma and W7 are more designed for SQ, the W7 having some custom parts which give it a slight advantage. The A is in a lower price point and although performs very well, isn't quite as close performance wise as the Brahma to the W7.

No need, I guess I can take your word for it if you have some real world experience with all the drivers...

The W7 has all custom parts, which is part of the reason why it costs so much.

Originally posted by Steven Kephart I know enough about the design to know what to expect.
Last time we went throught this you thought you knew the design- but you were completely wrong. What makes you think you've got it right this time?

Until you hear it, I suggest keep your mouth shut about it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.