Jesus, now a NEW noise from engine, help fellas

Since you have an accord it may be in a location somewhere similar but mine went where the red lines are
moutn.jpg
Does that mount on the firewall, or on the passenger side??

It mounts near my radiator near the front of the car. The passenger side is on the top of the transmission and the firewall mount would be on the back for your engine.
OK, I'm going to check things out on Tuesday. I'll jack up the motor and look for anything odd.

Jesus....

Now you dropped the tranny again, and replaced the throw out bearing with a new one. You already know teh input shaft bearing is bad. It could be that. Mine in the Civic got so bad to the point where you would hear is over the road noise, and it would go tick tick clunk crunch etc.

Do NOT use motor oil in the tranny. It was fine long ago, but it's not good to use. GM Syncromesh is hard to find now, so good luck with that unless you get it online. Redline is great stuff, but onlyy available at a couple places. Honda MTF is the best, and it's not the same as any old 10w30. If you could find a straight motor oil that's non-detergent. Your bearings and syncros will get fawked.

And the mount pictured above, is a torque mount. If your upper mounts are good, the torque mounts aren't that important.

The only thing I can think of, not engine related is a spring on the clutch disc, or a messed up fork on the pressure plate.

And Honda's have oil pressure monitor systems. If your level is low, the OIL light blinks in the cluster, if the light is fully lit, go find a new motor because it's too late.

Jesus....
1. Now you dropped the tranny again, and replaced the throw out bearing with a new one. You already know teh input shaft bearing is bad. It could be that. Mine in the Civic got so bad to the point where you would hear is over the road noise, and it would go tick tick clunk crunch etc.

2. Do NOT use motor oil in the tranny. It was fine long ago, but it's not good to use. GM Syncromesh is hard to find now, so good luck with that unless you get it online. Redline is great stuff, but onlyy available at a couple places. Honda MTF is the best, and it's not the same as any old 10w30. If you could find a straight motor oil that's non-detergent. Your bearings and syncros will get fawked.

4. And the mount pictured above, is a torque mount. If your upper mounts are good, the torque mounts aren't that important.

5. The only thing I can think of, not engine related is a spring on the clutch disc, or a messed up fork on the pressure plate.

3. And Honda's have oil pressure monitor systems. If your level is low, the OIL light blinks in the cluster, if the light is fully lit, go find a new motor because it's too late.
1. The input shaft bearing is fine, the old throw-out bearing was making that noise. When the transmission was out for the 2nd time, there was absolutely NO play in the shaft itself and there is NO noise., so the bearing isn't bad.

2. Talked to several Honda techs, a few at the dealership even, and they said 10W30 or 10W40 is fine, I also asked the guy at the parts department. He said they recommend Honda MT Fluid for the H22 transmission (why? IDK), but for mine it doesn't matter.

3. That's what I figured, and no light has come on, and I've been narrowing it down to what the problem truly is.

4. All mounts are important. If they weren't, they wouldn't be there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

5. Inspected the clutch disc, and the fork is fine too.

I checked and made sure EVERYTHING was fine when the transmission was pulled off, I covered my ass on all aspects.

It now only makes that noise when making left turns at speed, it only made the noise sitting still once, and that's when the noise originally came about.

I'll figure out what it is tomorrow, and let you know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.