2012 Camry. Odd noise with headlights off.

Participant count
  • Participant list

oldAlpine

CarAudio.com Newbie
I bought a 2012 Camry that has a Pioneer head unit and wiring for a sub, but no sub was included. I put in a simple box with a basic JBL amp. Works fine except when the headlights are off but the marker lamps are on, and then I get a weird hum/buzz through the sub. It's loud enough to be heard over the engine noise.

I looked at the wiring, and it has power and ground wires all the way to the battery (fused). This happens when car is running or not, and I can only hear noise from the subs when it happens.

Any idea why this would happen?

Disconnect the RCA's or hi-level input to the JBl amp. turn the system on, If the noise continues, it's a ground or noise issue with the amp.If it stops, you know it is coming from the signal up line somewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Thanks for the link to this video, I've seen this one before but it's not for component speakers which is what I'm going to install and the part...
Try crutchfield.com and use the application that gives you replacement options for system components. I ripped out the entire system in my Mustang...
It is in eBay. It is a bit more complicated. You clip off the gray blocks on your radio's harness and splice in the new harness by color matching...
Nice, much better looking version Ford than its American counterpart. Go down to the local stereo shop and tell them you want to the work yourself...
Wiring color code should be ISO, just like American radios. If you get your vehicle specific radio harness, it should have the same colors as that...

About this thread

oldAlpine

CarAudio.com Newbie
oldAlpine
Barrington Hills
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from