RCAs picking up alternator and signal noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

edikecske

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dorog
Hey, I recently swapped my Pio MVH-S520BT (non mechanical) to an 80PRS. Because of its longer body the RCAs are real close to some signal processors inside my dash and I keep getting little popping sounds while braking (when it sends the signal to the brakelights I guess) and also alternator noise. If I pull out the HU from the slot, all of it goes away.

Any suggestions what can I do to stop my RCAs pick up noise? They are 3x shielded, twisted Ground Zero cables tho, I didn’t expect to deal with this.

Thanks in advance!

pull out the HU from the slot, all of it goes aw
You just found your own solution. Move the DSP elsewhere. The RCA is triple protected but not the RCA plugs. I do not know if there is a mesh or board available that blocks RFI. I know of wallets that have this feature. Maybe you can acquire one and try it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...