Installed JVC HU w/ Maestro RR Getting White Noise -- Please Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

beefey

CarAudio.com Newbie
MN
Hi All--

I bought a JVC KW-M780BT HU because I wanted Android Auto. The vehicle is a 2014 GMC 2500 no navigation with Bose sound.

The speakers and amp are factory Bose.

Initially, I used a Crux interface kit which performed flawlessly except I couldn't stand that it didn't have RAP support. So I just changed it out for a Maestro RR.

I'm using the Maestro HRN-RR-GM5 harness and feeding audio via low level inputs to the factory Bose amplifier.

The problem: I'm getting a very very high pitched whine out of the tweeters on the stereo. I did not get this with the GMC factory radio OR the Crux interface kit with the JVC HU-- JUST with the Maestro RR. Originally I was running high level speaker outputs on the RR to the amp and the whine was far too loud. Now with the low level it is less but still very pronounced.

When I turn the HU off the noise goes away. It sort of varies with engine RPM-- sort of in and out but not directly proportional.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Beefey

REF: https://www33.jvckenwood.com/pdfs/d...77.1866673016.1694565323-566774999.1692073427

Uninstall the new component, noi, moi, noi!

Just kidding. This would most likely be alternator noise, especially if it changes with RPM. Make sure that everything is grounded well. In my experience, RF interference is usually via speaker or RCA input/output cables, Check anything new as the entry point for that noise. Make sure anything new is properly grounded to a bare part of the metal frame/body/chassis. Don't assume it is a good one. Always sand/grind the surfaces of anything you are grounding to.

Last edited:
I would tap off the ground wire and do a stationary solid ground wire to bare metal cleaned off, and ground the whole unit and stereo if you can. 14ga or 12ga wire should work perfect

Hi All--

I bought a JVC KW-M780BT HU because I wanted Android Auto. The vehicle is a 2014 GMC 2500 no navigation with Bose sound.

The speakers and amp are factory Bose.

Initially, I used a Crux interface kit which performed flawlessly except I couldn't stand that it didn't have RAP support. So I just changed it out for a Maestro RR.

I'm using the Maestro HRN-RR-GM5 harness and feeding audio via low level inputs to the factory Bose amplifier.

The problem: I'm getting a very very high pitched whine out of the tweeters on the stereo. I did not get this with the GMC factory radio OR the Crux interface kit with the JVC HU-- JUST with the Maestro RR. Originally I was running high level speaker outputs on the RR to the amp and the whine was far too loud. Now with the low level it is less but still very pronounced.

When I turn the HU off the noise goes away. It sort of varies with engine RPM-- sort of in and out but not directly proportional.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Beefey

REF: https://www33.jvckenwood.com/pdfs/download.php?Model=KW-M780BT&File=B5K-0943-00&_ga=2.203253777.1866673016.1694565323-566774999.1692073427

I have a 14 2500HD double cab long bed that i will be finally getting something in this coming summer. No Bose just standard system, getting ripped out and start from scratch with a backup camera going in(really needing it put in).

I have a 14 2500HD double cab long bed that i will be finally getting something in this coming summer. No Bose just standard system, getting ripped out and start from scratch with a backup camera going in(really needing it put in).
That back up camera is the whole reason i went DD.love it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...