Hum/Hiss noise all gains down

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey everybody Its been a while since i posted. My new system starts with a Pioneer ???930bt multimedia headunit, which feeds a PPI DEQ31 EQ then off to a PPI FRX456 to a PPI PC4800.2 for my front stage with some cheap boss audio components. For my sub output the FRX feeds a Sundown SCV6000D running a pair of Sundown X-12's. I have 1 battery under the hood and 4 batteries in the back being charged by 3 OE 220amp hairpin alternators. this is all installed in a 2005 GMC Yukon. The noise is there all the time volume down, volume low, between tracks, on aux input with nothing plugged in. 4 1/0 positive runs to back and 2 1/0 negative runs to the back, several ground points front and rear. I can'T seem to get rid of it. I've been doing installs longer than some of you have been alive. This one is just giving me a headache. ps I'll post some pics at a latter time.

Start removing components from the system. Start by pulling the rca cables from the amplifiers. Turn the stereo on and see if the noise is still there. If it is, you have a bad amplifier or noise interference from a speaker wire , or a bad amp ground etc. Process of elimination till you find the problem.

Start removing components from the system. Start by pulling the rca cables from the amplifiers. Turn the stereo on and see if the noise is still there. If it is, you have a bad amplifier or noise interference from a speaker wire , or a bad amp ground etc. Process of elimination till you find the problem.
Yes i know that's what i was planning on. Unfortunately the rvca's are a little difficult to gain access to. My other thought was to wrap a wire around rca shield on back of head unit and attach to ground which may take care of it also.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...