J31Rob's First Build of 2012

I guess I kinda get what you're saying, I'll just have to wait until it's built I guess, lol
The panels will literally bolt onto the front panel with different tuning configurations.

Here are the port pieces:

4ekFq.jpg

One is 45hz tuning, one is 50 something & the other is purely for SPL. I have all the tunings written down at work.. but I'm posting from home.

why sell the amps? you can wire them to .5 no problem... TIK did it along with many others.
Don't have the electrical to run 2 amps @ .5 ohm. I wouldn't trust the Onyx series @ .5 to begin with. The Discus, yes. Onyx, no way.

Haven't had much motivation lately. Life has been throwing me some curve balls & I've been having to eat some shit sandwiches recently so audio has been low on the priority list. Here are some minor things I've done recently.

Swapped out the TC Sounds 6.5s for some Memphis MSync 6.5s (I'm going to finish the door pods come spring and yes I know the ST350s are FILTHY):

uv72o.jpg

ONlLJ.jpg

Moved the 4 channel into the spare tire well for the time being. Going to build a beauty panel to put over the top of it when I GAF about looks:

VFeeh.jpg

Added ~160aH to the trunk in form of 2 new batteries. May not be the best batteries, but they were freebies & are better than the one I had in there:

cApxd.jpg

wN63c.jpg

Also cleaned up all the wiring in the trunk. Once everything becomes more "permanent" (lolyeahright) the rat's nest will get cleaned up even more:

FrGWa.jpg

GytW4.jpg

It helps that I'm in the lumber industry with all sorts of hookups. I've got a guy who does all my cuts with his $250k panel CNC. If there is a single lip on anything I build.. it's a builder error. LOL

I'm really battling the idea of scrapping the 4th order if it doesn't perform the way I'd like it to, adding 2 more SA10s (or selling off and buying 8-10 SA8 v2s) and getting a 4k. Put all those in a big *** ported. I'm also wanting to keep it all in the trunk. I don't wanna wall even though my bros keep trying to talk me into it.

Hey no way man!! No take backsies. LOL.

Like I said in that PM I sent you when I got 'em.. they're giving me the motivation to finish my pods. I'm gonna have my panel bro cut me some rings to mount on the busted *** pods for now, then sand it all down & carpet them. Hell, I've been considering redoing the entire door panel in 1/4" MDF or something similar. Then I can put everything right where I want it & carpet it all the same.

edit: I tuned in the amp & headunit today to get those MSyncs really singing too. They sound absolutely amazing on 125wrms, crossed @ >100hz.

Got one of the ports in & playing today. Did a little playing on the Term Lab & got the Flukes out.

My Atomic 3k clamped 1395wrms @ 3.9ohm.. 4x rise. Not terrible.. but still //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

dNEva.png

Waiting on Term Lab pictures to be sent to me.

Keep in mind this is my FIRST shot at any port in this box. A lot of testing and tinkering is going to be done here so these numbers are definitely just a starting point. I have already gained from my ported, however.

Legal score @ 32 hz

Hzo7J.jpg

Mic on the dash, driver door open @ 32 hz

FRQHO.jpg

30 second average on music. Take a look at the peak frequency.. 29 hz. Whole 30 seconds was 28-34 hz. Everything above that was car noise. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

5hsvT.jpg

Oh yeah. T nuts not installed yet.. but this is what the port looks like for now. Gonna do it a little different with the next baffle. This was just a tester.

mGpgT.jpg

Gonna build new ports today, if time allows. The port placement makes for an extremely cold ride. Port velocity is nuts.

New port, still haven't installed t-nuts. Audibly louder. Sounds even more so amazing down low, even though I'm tuned higher. I think it made a huge difference going external with the porting too.

OW3sB.jpg

Old one has all the screws in it (6x6x10, made tuning ~45hz), new one is on top (7x7x10, makes tuning ~52 IIRC)

hvtBJ.jpg

DhKFa.jpg

Do people not pay attention to the car audio aspect of this forum anymore? ..or is my build just not impressive because I'm trying to get loud out of a trunk instead of buying the usual Astro/Rex/Exploder and jamming it full of 18s?

Makes me sad. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Do people not pay attention to the car audio aspect of this forum anymore? ..or is my build just not impressive because I'm trying to get loud out of a trunk instead of buying the usual Astro/Rex/Exploder and jamming it full of 18s?
Makes me sad. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
I'm diggin' it! Just spent 20 minutes going through it. Nice btw....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.